Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on when the Series VI planes will be released to retailers? I placed a pre-order last January and just heard from my retailer that Ares has still not released them to the retailers. They are: Hanover CL.IIIa, Macchi M.5, Nieuport NI.28 and the Fokker E.V.

The Series V planes are out (I received mine) for some time now, so the frontispiece for this forum probably needs to be updated from "new" planes to Series 5?

Edit: to show correct planes whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the Nieuport 28! I think everybody is still awaiting delivery due to the port worker's strike that is holding up a ton of stuff.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Don't forget the Nieuport 28! I think everybody is still awaiting delivery due to the port worker's strike that is holding up a ton of stuff.

-Ski
Thanks Ski...I edited the post to correct the plane list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the problem is the strike. Same problem for USS Constitution and HMS Victory for Sails of Glory.

Here it says March, but no date yet:

http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dock strike certainly held up the Sails of Glory stuff. I don't recall reading anywhere that they Series VI were "on the boat" yet.

It's pretty normal for Ares releases to be well behind early projections.
We aren't seeing protypes at a convention anywhere yet, so I think it will be awhile yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
Yes, the problem is the strike. Same problem for USS Constitution and HMS Victory for Sails of Glory.

Here it says March, but no date yet:

http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products
Yes, I understand that...One would think that Ares would post something to explain the delay for the ships and planes. Surely they must be communicating/tracking where in the world their products are located and what the status is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Fort Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Any news on when the Series VI planes

Technically that's series VIII. Series III and IV are the only two not reprinted (yet), under Wings of Glory.

EDIT: It looks like someone got busy and renumbered the series on the Wings of Glory page. I still think of these as series VIII.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the numbers of the series are not official any more. Currently we say "Series VIII", but this is not an official designation.
Codes are 119 for the Fokker and 120 for the Nieuport being the 19th and 20th in standard packs, 207 for Macchi and 208 for Hannover being the 7th and 8th with a larger pack. Notice that this leaves "holes" for 117, 118, 205 and 206, the very soon coming reprint of former Series III.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent and email about an Hawker and Immelman reprints. They said 2016

But that's still 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.