Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to Bang and, while I am waiting for the game in the mail, I am spending some time exploring the BGG forum and am wondering which, if any, of the expansions to get. I decided to get Dodge City immediately even though I may not play with it at first...

But what are your suggestions and recommendations regarding other expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Bang! a lot with my kids. Quite a lot. I can say that I found the rules a bit confounding, and it took a few swats at it before I figured out how to play the thing.

Dodge City is a real fun expansion, and I'd get it into the game as quickly as you're comfortable with the master set.

The other two expansions both work very similarly. It adds a lot of randomness to the game, but if you become a Bang! nut you may want the addition.

BTW - I wouldn't recommend going over the Bang! rules for the first time while sitting with those you're going to play with. Give them a thorough read through first. Don't get me wrong, they're not nearly as confounding as many of the rules you've dealt with before, not by a long shot, but there's more to them than I expected a card game to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like Bang!, Dodge City is more of the same. If you don't want the game to be any longer or any more complex, skip it.

Get one of High Noon or Fistfull of Cards. They do essentially the same thing, and I don't see ever combining the two into one stack, so one would be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jason, but I'd go further and recommend High Noon over Fistful of Cards. The cards in High Noon are more balanced / less random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any talk about any future expansions coming out for Bang!?(besides dodge city, fistful of cards and high noon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Dodge City, because if you like Bang!, you will love Dodge City.

Also, I recommend getting one of the other expansions as well. High Noon is harder to get ahold of then A Fistful of Cards. The game can be great without them too, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.