Subject: Mercenary clearification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our game my friend was asking if he really had to pay additional food when adding only mercenary units to the offence by paying gold. I would assume the food is still required like it is with regular army, but the rules really did not say specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't say the payment of a food is required, so I would assume that no food is required. Not the opposite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more opinions about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, a mercenary would surely have to sort his own food out in exchange for the pieces of Silver he's been given to fight for you? Not always good to try to justify things by thematics, but in this case I think it bares it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A sad day for the empire. In that case I would have lost the game :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowjump wrote:
The rules don't say the payment of a food is required, so I would assume that no food is required. Not the opposite.
Agreed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.