Subject: Flipping a Facedown card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I was under the impression that flipping a card over concluded the turn...but I can't find this in the rulebook.

Flipping the card over immediately ends the movement phase, but is still followed by the resolution phase yes?

So in effect, I just don't know what I am trying to accomplish with my investigator correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

indeed, flipping the cards does not end your turn. In most of the cases, you may flip a card for two reasons:

a) you move to an adventure
b) you use the Streets of Arkham ability to flip cards faceup

neither of these actions ends your turn; after completing the Movement Phase you have a complete Resolution phase in which you attempt to pass an adventure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel F.
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After flipping a face down card and finding that you won't be able to beat it, can you stop your turn there and not roll any dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
Any investigator can decide to fail the adventure they are at. You simply stop rolling the dice, triggered the penalties for failing the adventure, and that's it.

This is a rule coming from the core game. The designer's intent is clear: let's say you're at an adventure with a nasty Terror effect and you don't have enough dice to pass it because you've already failed a couple of rolls. You can forfeit without blindly rolling and risk triggering further Terror. And so on.

So, yeah, don't roll and fail and it's all good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.