Subject: GT3 Tactical Surprise Scenario slightly modified rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Turn 3: Overcast Weather.

“Yes Sir, the overcast weather was better for our all-weather aircraft and allowed us to again savage the North Koreans and Chinese in the air sir. Many of North’s dated airframes cannot even fly in this weather which gave us our luck we were looking for. Although I am unsure how long it will last. The weather in Korea is like Chicago Sir” says Jack.

“Understood, what is the status on the PRC troops?” asks the General

“They have a marine brigade and an airborne division ready for commitment to the battlefield in the next three days or so Sir” replies Jack.

“OK, let’s get on with the briefing” states the General.

“Yes Sir. As far as our supply situation goes we are in good shape with supplies making it in from both Japan and the US. The North Koreans are receiving supply from the PRC also. We are looking at ways of trying to slow that down but have to wait until we get additional assets, namely air assets, in theater.

“Our Special Operations units were able to destroy numerous air detection sites throughout North Korea reducing their detection ability by 40%. The two remaining ROK Special Ops units were lost in the raids though.

“In the air battles we sent up fourteen flights of fighters against twenty-one enemy fights. This is the first time in history stealth aircraft fought each other sir and we came out ahead. Two PRC stealth flights of J-20 aircrafts were reduced and aborted back to base while one of our F-22 flights was aborted. In the end sir the North Korean and PRC lost five air flights, four more were aborted, and five were damaged. We lost a KF-16C flight, with another aborted, and two more damaged. We are still contesting the air space Sir.

“With the influx of our Navy assets we have gained control of the East Sea completely. We have also taken control of the Yellow Sea at sea area but don’t know how long that will last with the arrival of the Chinese naval fleets.

“DPRK Special Operations units damaged three airfields in the last three days reducing a ROK attack helo unit and a 2ID attack helo unit. We eliminated two of those Special Forces units before they could hit Daejon and Jeomcheon Airbases.

“US Navy assets launched cruise missiles at the North Korean radar sites. The damaged caused by this and the Special Operations attacks has reduced the North Korean detection ability by 100% Sir. SCUD missiles destroyed Daejon Airbase; destroying another airmobile point and a reduced A-50 attack aircraft. Follow on strikes by B-1B and B-52 aircraft reduced the North Korean 105th Armored Division and the 815 HQ.

“The last few days say only sporadic fighting by both sides. We don’t have the combat power available and the North was still trying to get all of their mobile units through the DMZ area. We were able to recapture the city of Gimpo and bottle up those pesky Light Infantry units north west of Seoul.

“The newly committed DPRK III Corps attacked the 2/I Armor Brigade near 2819 but was repulsed. The ROK 25/VI Mechanized Division was reduced in heavy fighting near Uijeongbu. It was attacked by units from three DPRK Corps.

“US Navy, Air Force, and ROK Air Force strike aircraft hit the DPRK 108th Corps along the east coast road causing some losses to three brigades.

“Per your orders Sir we pulled back to the river and reservoir lines and have dug in awaiting the arrival of mobilizing reserves and follow on troops from the US. We have two regiments of US Marines in the East Sea and Japan that are available for commitment.

“The North Koreans have shifted the entire V Corps to the Chuncheon area to reinforce the four corps already there. The North Korean are basically at the river and reservoir line now and will probably try to force the line tomorrow in several places. Also, with the arrival of PRC airborne and marine units we can expect another beachhead somewhere along the west coast” finished Jack.

“Alright Jack get those Jarheads moving toward Seoul, we are going to need them on the ground sooner than later…..”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff.

Thanks for the AAR.

Lonster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!!

This is a great game in my opinion. The next two to four turns are gonna be key for the North Koreans. If they can break through the defensive lines they are going to do some serious damage to the South Koreans. If not they have at least created a serious lodgement that will have to be retaken by the Allies.

Now I get to decide where I am going to commit the Chinese forces....

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.