Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matija Opašić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many promo cards for this game. I usually don't hunt promo cards but looks like that some of this are so good that they have to be included in every game. It's a shame that most of them is so hard to find/so expensive to buy.

My thoughts after reading descriptions:
- Dice Tower promos are essential and really boost game (and smuglling)in a good way. You could even sabotage sheriff wih arcane scrolls!
- Prince John's sword is a nice addition (but it's just 1 card...)
- Gen Con promo set is interesting because of oil cards more then others
- Royal Summons helps honest player, and I don't like the possibility that sheriff could pay up to 16 gold penalty.

What is your experience with promos? Every thought is welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shich wrote:
There are so many promo cards for this game. I usually don't hunt promo cards but looks like that some of this are so good that they have to be included in every game. It's a shame that most of them is so hard to find/so expensive to buy.

My thoughts after reading descriptions:
- Dice Tower promos are essential and really boost game (and smuglling)in a good way. You could even sabotage sheriff wih arcane scrolls!
- Prince John's sword is a nice addition (but it's just 1 card...)
- Gen Con promo set is interesting because of oil cards more then others
- Royal Summons helps honest player, and I don't like the possibility that sheriff could pay up to 16 gold penalty.

What is your experience with promos? Every thought is welcome.

Don't forget that there's an upcoming promo card for Tabletop Day as well.

In my opinion, not having played with the promo cards: none of them are essential. The fun in the game is the laughs you get interacting with your friends. You don't need more complicated rules to enjoy that.

I pretty thoroughly dislike the concept of promo cards. For games I really adore, I do end up chasing them, but I feel a bit dirty about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dlislike the Royal Summons actively, it punishes something that is already risky (inspecting). The Sword is ok, just are the Essen/Gencon prmoo's. Those are not gamechanging.

The dice tower promo's are nice, but can't you still get those at dicetower.com for donating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Cabibi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another set of promos that will be coming with the Dice Tower 2015 Kickstarter rewards (Gambler's Risk), but they will probably be their website too. If not, I believe they can be PNP'd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, this card was included as part of the Table Top Day Promo package that games stores could order.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1352677/tabletop-day-promos-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aren't the royal goods promos? (the this counts as N chickens/cheese/whatever at the end) I'd say those are pretty integral to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
squegeeboo wrote:
Aren't the royal goods promos? (the this counts as N chickens/cheese/whatever at the end) I'd say those are pretty integral to the game.

The royal goods that count as x number of legal goods are contraband cards in the base game. There may be more royal goods in promos, but there were already some in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.