Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the base game so far, but bought Ambassadors and plan to give it a go.

I have a question about the K-OS 81179 ability. It says at the bottom of the card that the location turned over no longer counts as part of the station.

So, for the purposes of cards that count distance or adjacency, do I just skip right over the turned over card or does it still count as a "space" in the station?

Also, I can no longer build off of the turned over card, can I?

Thanks very much,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It still counts as a "space" in the Station so you don't skip it when counting distance (or adjacency).

However, you can in fact build on top of it.

In a way, it is as if the card has been removed. The reason that we had it turn face-down was so that there wouldn't be cases where the station would "break" in two by doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you will forgive me altering your interpretation, it really sounds as though the location has been decommissioned rather than removed. Suppose you had built your station in a circle. You don't count the hole in the middle as a "space" when computing distance (unless I've misread the rules). However, if the ability in question means that the flipped card still counts as a space, you could transfer energy through it. Similarly, there are some cards that score based on distance from the main reactor where the interpretation would be relevant. If you can move through the flipped location, it wouldn't score the same as if it had never built. If you are saying that the location counts for distance, it sort of sounds like that the room itself is still there, but it just isn't being used for anything.

Similar question: For cards that score one point per adjacent location, would the flipped card as a location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.