Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Shourd
United States
Pulaski
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking for someone to play board games with from time to time. I just moved to the are a few months back and haven't found many people to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Culp Smash
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel! Though I don't live near Pulaski, TN (I'm way over near Boston, actually) I might be able to help you out. You may already know this, but in case you don't... there is a tab on your homepage labeled, "Misc." If you click on this, a pulldown menu appears. On that list of links, there is one called "Find Users". If you click that, you will be taken to a small directory of four ways to search for nearby users. I feel that the last two ways are very helpful in locating gamers (either by zip code or google maps).

Once you find users in your area, accessing their profile pages might help you learn something about them... often it is simply an introduction or description of games they love... but sometimes they will talk about gaming meet-ups they go to that are open to the public. Or they will simply have links on their profile to the gaming guilds they have joined... and those guild pages will be more specific about where and when they have meet-ups, and how to join. That is kind of the way I found out about a monthly gaming night at my local library. (I say "kind of" because a person I met through this method ended up telling me about the game night.)

Oh, and I just remembered something else! Under the "Misc" tab, there is also a link to the guilds pages. Joining an area's guild could help you track down local gaming spots.

Maybe these methods might help you find information and folks to game with too. Good luck and good gaming to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.