Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just can't get my mind around the rules for when a Noble dies. I figured that once you received casualties equaling the amount of troops a Noble has, he loses all troops and dies. So why then in the rules does it have you removing casualties when a Noble dies? It states that for each casualty token you have to remove troops but not regular troops. So does this mean that regular troops never get removed?

I can understand this happening when an event immediately kills off a Noble, but why go through this after combat? You have 200 regular troops, 300 mercenaries. You suffer 500 casualties in combat...that Noble is dead. Why then would you draw for deserters and allocating casualties? This makes no sense to me. Please help!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a Noble dies, you would return him onto the board (for next turn) as his "heir" (same piece for game's purpose)

...you draw for deserters...after that, you take casualites....taking off more troops (mercs) if it applies...Regular troops ALWAYS return regardless of casualties taken... EXCEPT if there are Event cards that effect a Noble (or regular troops) from returning, in those rare occasions, the heir and/or regular troops will not return!

For your example above, you wouldn't worry about drawing for deserters or taking casualties...all of the mercs would be dead but, your reg. troops and Noble (Heir) would return for the NEXT turn!

...usually armies don't suffer from 500 casualties!-

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that a noble also dies when they take less casualties (even zero) and then lose by 2 or more "Victory" cards. Then you would need to draw for deserters and remove any casualties left from other battles,etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.