Robert S
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it the current player whose turn triggered the Ionian Nebula phase or the player who played the Crossroad card like Disturbing Vision and Strange Music?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
The card player always decides their target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been forever since I played with IN. What do the cards say? Crossroads cards are normally resolved one at a time, starting with the current player. Any choices to be made on the card would be resolved by the player whose card it is, just like a player who plays a Launch Scout chooses whether to leave the card on top or place it on bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say current player - I'd also say that it shouldn't make any difference to the outcome except in the exceptional case where you run out of trauma tokens...

If there's enough trauma to go round, then the only difference made is which specific token goes to which player - and if you know what difference that's going to make, then you're cheating...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
I'd say current player - I'd also say that it shouldn't make any difference to the outcome except in the exceptional case where you run out of trauma tokens...

If there's enough trauma to go round, then the only difference made is which specific token goes to which player - and if you know what difference that's going to make, then you're cheating...

Considering the question is discussing the actual crossroad crises, deciding who gets the tokens is actually a very big deal, because everyone is about to find out who is potentially eliminated from the game. If you let the current player decide who draws and discards for all the crossroads, they could essentially handpick who gets to stay in the game.

The player assigned the crossroad should pick how the crossroad is dealt with. It's a personal crisis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player reads their own crossroads card in turn, starting with the current player and follows the instructions therein. (Summarized from page 19 of the Exodus rulebook.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone want to post what the cards actually say? I agree with basically all the general points here:
* it shouldn't matter normally
* the player who played the crossroads card gets the choice if you think it does
* if multiple players are drawing trauma at the same time, fully resolve one player before moving on to the next, i.e., do not interweave Player A draws one then Player B draws one then Player A draws another....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Quote:
Strange Music

What Have You Done?: Each Cylon player draws 2 trauma tokens. Then the Admiral is immediately Executed.

Disturbing Vision

I Hear It: Shuffle 1 “You Are Not a Cylon" card into the Loyalty deck. Then choose a human player to draw 1 Loyalty Card. Each Cylon player draws a trauma token.

Ok, in these circumstances, where it is multiple cylons drawing, I would say it goes in turn order starting from the current player. I previously thought we were just talking about choosing someone to draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest parallel is captain's cabin, which starts with the player who activated the location and goes clockwise, so I rule this the same: player who played the crossroads card first and continuing clockwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
The closest parallel is captain's cabin, which starts with the player who activated the location and goes clockwise, so I rule this the same: player who played the crossroads card first and continuing clockwise.

Is there a FAQ on that? I was always under the impression that effects start relative to the current player, regardless of who activated the effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the ufaq under Demetrius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.