Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
aka KabukiKid on Youtube. Yeah, I have a few online aliases. heh ;-)
mbmbmbmbmb
If I heard correctly from The Dice Tower guys the other day, it sounds like there was announcement at the GAMA Trade Show that there is going to be an expansion for Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game. And I am not talking about the Predator game, which is also coming out this year and is supposed to be compatible with the Alien game. (Not as interested in that one.)

Anyway, does anyone have any info on what is going to be contained in this Alien expansion? :-D I'm hoping we get to see Vasquez. heh I am so psyched! I can't wait already!

~Kat ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that also. I thought they were talking about an alien expansion for marvel legendary though. I'm happy to be corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodney of Watch It Played posted the following video covering the Upper Deck presentation at the GAMA Trade Show:

I've seen posts by a number of people who attended the Upper Deck presentation. I haven't seen anyone else mention an expansion to Alien Legendary, but I sure hope Tom Vasel is correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... the fact that Rodney doesn't mention it, coupled with the fact that you haven't seen it mentioned by anyone else, makes me wonder if Vasel misspoke. Hmmm.

~Kat ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I just asked Tom in his Live Q&A about this and he did confirm that Alien is going to its own expansion! :-D Yippee!

~Kat ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Katchoo wrote:
Ah! I just asked Tom in his Live Q&A about this and he did confirm that Alien is going to its own expansion! :-D Yippee!

I came here to post this while watching the Q&A live. I'm so glad you asked! Can hardly wait for the Alien expansion. I wish we knew when we should expect it to be released!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cool news...but what would an expansion mean for this game? What would get expanded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Rodney of Watch It Played posted the following video covering the Upper Deck presentation at the GAMA Trade Show:

Thanks for that link.
Not only was it an informative video, but it was humorous to watch Jason Brenner present, but thinking he was speaking what Rodney was saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
This is cool news...but what would an expansion mean for this game? What would get expanded?

There are lots of crew members they could add. Vasquez from Aliens is mentioned all the time as a character fans want. Alien is missing Kane and Brett, and there are lots of characters in Alien 3 that are not represented.

I'd also like to see more objectives from each of the movies that you could swap with existing objectives, just to add some variety to the gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Mizerak wrote:

There are lots of crew members they could add. Vasquez from Aliens is mentioned all the time as a character fans want. Alien is missing Kane and Brett, and there are lots of characters in Alien 3 that are not represented.

I'd also like to see more objectives from each of the movies that you could swap with existing objectives, just to add some variety to the gameplay.

THIS! This is what I want. :-) More characters and more objectives. They could also always add completely new scenarios that aren't from any of the movies, if they wanted to get extra creative. heh But yeah... the four movies still have a lot in them that can be added. :-) Maybe more character types? Maybe more Drone cards? You could add a lot if you wanted. :-)

~Kat ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it will be AVP, since the Predator game is coming out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
I wonder if it will be AVP, since the Predator game is coming out?

I'm guessing it's this. If we are gonna do AVP right, we need a barracks deck of aliens to fight the predators with.

A Prometheus scenario is another distinct possibility. I kinda doubt they will be expanding existing scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom seemed to explain that the Legendary Encounters: Predator that is coming out is going to be compatible with Alien and that will be where you can do the AvP stuff. I'm thinking that the Alien expansion is going to be something separate from that.

Jump to the 4:00 mark where Tom starts to talk about the Alien and Predator games. :-)

~Kat ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go. Predator hits in July with a SEPERATE Alien expansion hitting later this year.

Vasquez unfortunately, will never be in the set, legal stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Brenzor wrote:
Here you go. Predator hits in July with a SEPERATE Alien expansion hitting later this year.

Damn the legal stuff. Why cant we all just get along and kill some aliens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
My friends went to her bra shop in hollywood. True story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
My friends went to her bra shop in hollywood. True story.

Her brother was (and still is) a social studies teacher at my former high school, Castro Valley High.
She visited the school one day in '87? 88?
I remember seeing her at lunch walking the campus with him. "Vasquez!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cohen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:

Awww. I didn't know that. If I had, I might not have picked up Encounters. Not your fault, and I'm glad I have it, but she's my favorite character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think she is everyone's favorite. Oh well... I'm still happy that we are getting an expansion. :-D

~Kat ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GleamingTerrier wrote:
Brenzor wrote:

Awww. I didn't know that. If I had, I might not have picked up Encounters. Not your fault, and I'm glad I have it, but she's my favorite character.

Yeah, that's a real bummer, but I'm glad we're getting an Alien expansion, regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:

How odd. Is this the only character that can't be used?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:

Out of curiosity what "legal stuff" is involved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mschipper wrote:
Brenzor wrote:

Jenette Goldstein refused to let her likeness be used for the Aliens action figure line released by NECA. I imagine she won't authorize it for any product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Milton
United States
Reading
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
mschipper wrote:
Brenzor wrote:

Jenette Goldstein refused to let her likeness be used for the Aliens action figure line released by NECA. I imagine she won't authorize it for any product.

Any reason why? She always participates in documentaries for the film.

I never realized that actors had the option of denying likeness use. I'm assuming that is written into any modern contract.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gough
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That does suck. We'll just have to make our own Vasquez cards
Michael Biehn had a rather large disagreement about this for Alien3 as well, but Hicks is still present in the game. Hopefully some agreement can be met.

I would definitely love to see some expansions of objectives based on the first 4 movies. There are a lot of plot aspects that aren't touched upon in the core set ... and the sheer size of the box suggests that they plan a whole load of expansions.

Seems that the Predator game will be based on just the first 2 Predator movies, which would only be 2 Objective sets. Makes me wonder whether the game will be cheaper, or whether they'll include 2 Scenarios per film, or whether they'll add in the AvP expansion.

From a business point of view, I'd expect the Predator game to be stand alone, with the AvP expansion to come later. Will just make Legendary more money that way!

For me, it would have made more sense to include a "Predators" scenario, but maybe they haven't yet secured the rights.

So, if the Predator game has only the 2 movies to work from, what else do you think might be in the core set? Or do you think it will just be smaller & cheaper?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.