Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking how I would like to start my next game, and I thought of all those developments that give $2 in a particular phase and how good those tiles would be. In the first game, I got the space docks (act as if you have 1 more home shipper), so I made it a priority to put it out as quickly as possible. Trevor was old earth with Consumer markets, and with another blue planet he was following a predictable produce, consume alternate turn pattern. Don was New Sparta with space piracy, while I was Damaged Alien factory with Improved reconnaissance. After putting down the space docks, I had to get some planets down to take advantage of the ship phase being called every other turn. Meanwhile, Don had put down a galactic federation, and he was playing a purely develop game. I was able to leech off Trevor’s alternate produce/ship actions but I wasn’t sure if it was enough to get by Don’s galactic federation, but I squeaked out a 1 pt win.

Scores:
Norbert 45 (27 tableau, 18 consumption),
Don 44 (35 tableau, 9 galactic federation),
Trevor 36 (15 tableau, 21 consumption).

I was able to use space docks and galactic salon when Trevor shipped.

Game 2: Trevor was Domed World with Biological Adaptation, Don was Damaged Alien Factory with Consumer Markets, and I was Ancient Race with Improved Reconnaissance. Don started with the galactic federation, but he built the rebel warriors to build up his dice pool before constructing the galactic federation, his first development. Trevor was having a good tableau as well. I didn’t have much: I had the New Economy for the longest time, but I would only end the game with 3 developments. I probably should have focused more on consuming, as I had more planets than the other two, but I might have been dissuaded by Don’s minor research labs, and he had good planets as well, and I didn’t want him to leech off me. It was a close game and Don prevailed by a point over Trevor:

Scores:
Don 37 (28 tableau, 3 consumption, 6 galatic federation),
Trevor 36 (30 tableau, 6 galactic exchange),
Norbert 34 (26 tableau, 5 consumption, 3 new economy).

Don wins with the galactic federation.

Game 3: Trevor was Earth’s Last Colony with Improved Reconnaissance, Don was Doomed world with Biological Adaptation, and I was Separatist Colony with Consumer Markets. Trevor got down some cheap brown and blue planets, and he also had the galactic demand (earn +2$ for a cyan good), so that gave him the income needed when he shipped. His tableau was small, but he was able to consume effectively for 28 pts and win by a margin of 10 pts. My game was too slow, with my whole game being planned around getting the galactic exchange, but it was my only development and the game ended with consumption chips all gone.

Scores:
Trevor 47 (19 tableau, 28 consumption),
Don 37 (31 tableau, 6 consumption),
Norbert 36 (23 tableau, 7 consumption, 6 galactic exchange).

Trevor ships for 28 VPs.

Game 4: Trevor was separatist colony with biological adaptation, Don was alpha centauri with improved reconnaissance and I was old earth with galactic religion. Trevor was trying a blitz strategy, but that would be in Don’s favour, as he had the bigger tableau. Again, I probably should have consumed more, but was really short on cash, so couldn’t consume with the organic shipyards.

Scores:
Don 34 (27 tableau, 3 consumption, 4 galactic exchange),
Trevor 30 (24 tableau, 6 system diversification),
Norbert 25 (25 tableau).

Don benefits against the game ending blitzer.

Game 5: Trevor was New Sparta with improved reconnaissance, Don was earth’s last colony with consumer markets, while I was Epsilon Eradini with biological adaptation. I got the replicant robots (-1 to settle any planet) in my 2 tile draw, so the strategy in my game was to settle as much as possible. Don was consuming quickly as he got more blue planets early. My big play was to settle two three cost gene worlds with 4 dice only, and got the New galactic Order out with 4 red dice for 4 pts at game end. I wasn’t sure if that would be enough due to Don’s consumption, but I prevailed by 2 pts.

Scores:
Norbert 38 (34 tableau, 4 New galactic order),
Don 36 (15 tableau, 21 consumption),
Trevor 34 (25 tableau, 9 consumption).

I had 15 dice at my disposal, but it was still close.

Game 6. Trevor was New Sparta with mining industry, Don was alpha centauri with biological adapation, while I was old earth with destroyed colony. I had the blaster gem mines (get a brown and red dice into your citizenry when built), so I built up my dice pool and explored for tiles. I got a couple of 6 developments, and piled them on top of another, not really sure if I could complete them. After calling development diligently (getting at least 3 dice per turn) on my development stack, I was able to push them out, and that was enough for the win.

Scores:
Norbert 40 (29 tableau, 1 consumption, 5 galactic exchange, 5 galactic bankers),
Don 36 (28 tableau, 5 consumption, 3 New Economy),
Trevor 28 (26 tableau, 2 consumption).

I got two '6' developments for the win.

Game 7: Trevor was separatist colony with galactic religion, Don was earth’s last colony with improved reconnaissance, while I was alpha centauri with biological adaptation. This was another example of being able to consume for large VPs. After Don got the homeworld patriotism down (assign 1 or 2 white dice to the phase you select), he was able to build up his dice pool with conscription. Then Don got down the tourist world, getting a purple die, and then the blaster gem mines. He had 10 dice all the time at his disposal, and was able to leech off us while produce/consuming eventually building the galactic salon (1 VP per shipping phase) and using it 4 or 5 times. It’s amazing how he got a tableau of 27 pts as well for a crushing win.

Scores:
Don 56 (27 tableau, 28 consumption),
Trevor 42 (29 tableau, 11 consumption, 2 free trade association), Norbert 28 (28 tableau).

Don consumes for 28 VPs and has a large tableau.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakon Gaarder
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting all these reports, I find these useful to compare to when designing my solo variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Domed World

Hee hee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onigame wrote:
Quote:
Domed World

Hee hee.

Hey, archology worlds have potential.

Cost: 5 (?, needs playtesting, naturally)
Color: blue and brown
When this world comes into play, discard a die, then place a combination of two blue or brown dice in your citizenry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
onigame wrote:
Quote:
Domed World

Hee hee.

Better to live in a domed world than earth's last colon. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.