Popular Tags: [View All]
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the takeover phase, if I have this set up, a continuous set of 8 track links, going through a neutral station, that's connected to a Red and a Green station at either end of it:

= = = = * = = = = * = = = = * = = = =

Red track * My track * My track * Green track

And I have 2 red and 2 green influence, can I allow red to take over the left side and green to take over the right side so it would end up like this

Red track * Red track * Green track * Green track

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
During the takeover phase, if I have this set up, a continuous set of 8 track links, going through a neutral station, that's connected to a Red and a Green station at either end of it:

Red track * My track * My track * Green track

And I have 2 red and 2 green influence, can I allow red to take over the left side and green to take over the right side so it would end up like this

Red track * Red track * Green track * Green track

Sadly no. You may only let one of the major rail companies take over any of your track on a given turn. :/

I don't have the actual rulebook in hand at the moment and a quick look shows that the files section doesn't have it either.....so I can't quote you the relevant section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 10 of the rules - Phase Nine: Takeovers - (my emphasis):
Quote:
In player order, once around, each player can negotiate a take-over by either the green or the red company of one series of their own track links. To do so will require the expenditure of influence points in the color of the company that is taking over the series of links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! We finally got to play this as a 3 player game, with the 3-4 player side of the boards. We've only played it 2p until then. It was hard to get out of the "I need a 3 train to get the extra VP's from passengers" mode on the 3-4 player side. It wasn't until about turn 3 I realized I could deliver more for less taking a 1 and 2 train instead of a single 3 train, when I could be flexible on the choice of cargo / passenger count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.