Vincent Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had this game for as long as I can remember, the 1976 Parker Brothers edition. I played it a lot as a kid, along with Risk, Chess, Triple Yatzee and the like. I haven't played it in years, though. I had a friend over, and he'd never played it and I thought, "what the heck, let's see if it's still fun playing it as an adult."

Turns out, it is. There was just the two of us, and I got out the rules and my friend admired the pieces. The little metal wrenches impressed him, but the plastic sink/bathtub piece that holds the cards really got him. The rules were covered in a few minutes (it's basically a tile-placement game).

We played the game in about half an hour (we were chatting a lot, though) and we both thoroughly enjoyed the game. Even after all these years, this was still a game I could enjoy. And my friend, a veteran of many games and of many types of games, also greatly enjoyed it. I'm not sure how it will hold up with lots of players, but it made for a great two-player game. He asked me to bring it to the next game night... and looked online to see if he could get a copy. We were both surprised to find there were newer editions out, and that Amazon was selling a copy of the original 1972 version.

The end result - this game is simple, yet it works. There is a lot of randomness to it (as in many tile-placement games), but it was fun. It was a light-hearted romp into the world of plumbing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cashman
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vincent,
I played a 4-way game with the family tonight, and I was surprised to see how much animosity this game generated. Everyone was into playing leaky pipes and messing up each other's lines. We played 3 hands and it was fun -- still worth an occasional play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.