Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rulebook has contradicted itself for solo rules.

It says you have to have more FACTION Locations than the Enemy stack, then it says you have to have more LOCATIONS than the enemy stack.

So after the 5th round am I totaling my Faction AND Common locations?
Or just my Faction locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just faction locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nicholson
United States
Leo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdougla2 wrote:
Just faction locations.

Just faction. It may seem a little daunting, but you should be able to win after a couple of games at most!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
I should be able to get a good grip on my Elephant when it arrives!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh that's funny because I thought I read that it was locations as well, but then came back and found that it was factions that had to be beat and assumed I had misread that. I started playing as beating factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fribian wrote:
Oh that's funny because I thought I read that it was locations as well, but then came back and found that it was factions that had to be beat and assumed I had misread that. I started playing as beating factions.

You didn't misread it - it is stated BOTH ways in the Solo Rules - which is why I questioned it.

Glad I wasn't the only one! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Auton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes there is a contradiction... between the solo Goal and GAme End.... so how do we know which is right ?

Everyone seems to say faction locations, but who is not to say that it is any location type ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After having played the game a few times, it would seem to be way too easy to get a lot higher points if you were to use both sides of the locations (faction cards, and common cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Auton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fribian wrote:
After having played the game a few times, it would seem to be way too easy to get a lot higher points if you were to use both sides of the locations (faction cards, and common cards).

The way u mention high points is if your just counting the vp from faction buildings ? Rather than the discussions around comparing stacks to see who wins (Before vp)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
autonm wrote:
Fribian wrote:

The way u mention high points is if your just counting the vp from faction buildings ? Rather than the discussions around comparing stacks to see who wins (Before vp)

Comparing stacks? I don't follow you on this one, sorry. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.