Neil Willis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently had the Germans in Angola when they were attacked by the Brits. Both sides rolled well. All units on both sides of the combat were destroyed. Angola was originally a colony of an aligned neutral power (Portugal), but had been captured by Germany and was under German control till the Brits came in to fight.

A colony cannot be "liberated" because it is not an originally controlled territory of a major power, so I would assume that means it doesn't revert to French control automatically (who knows if France has even mobilized Portugal?)...and it is not a minor neutral (the rules are specific that a minor neutral in such a case has no controller).

The rules are specific about what happens with territorial control when all units are destroyed in a combat under every situation except this. I checked the FAQ also.

What happens to Angola?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Fortunato
Portugal
Torres Vedras
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that Angola remains under German control if they were the last owners of that territory, just like any other territory in the game. If a British infantry unit remained to claim Angola it would switch to British control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not controlled by any power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question has been added to the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.