Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
(Instagram) @thebrewinggamer
badge
(Instagram) @thebrewinggamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know if the DIY forum was the right place for this - so forgive me if it should be somewhere else.

My fiance and I would really like to incorporate a board game theme into whatever we use as a guestbook at our wedding. We've contemplated just buying a game with a gorgeous board (ie. anything by Michael Menzel) and having people sign the board - but we're stuck on any other suggestions, or games that would make a good item for a 'guest book'.

So I open it up to the BGG community - do you have thoughts about what would make a good wedding guestbook for guests to sign at the wedding, but still be a mostly useable game afterward?

Even if the game is not useable - would the board be nice enough to possibly frame and display on the wall at home?

Thanks for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid Matsuoka
United States
Portola Valley
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was me I'd theme it around ...and then, we held hands.. Perhaps a signed and then framed PNP board. . .or maybe signed cards. The concept on that game just lends itself to your purpose. Oh and congrats!

EDIT. I should preface this by saying that you should play it focusing on enhancing an already wonderful relationship (and not to "save" a relationship as is the original theme). Sorry about the thematic oversite there. . .when my SO and I play it it's always making something good better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Brechtel
United States
Cannon Falls
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One Idea would be making it a "Legacy" type board game. IE The markings on the game are intentional. It could be as simple as a Roll and move gameboard with boxes on the board available for people to sign, or each guest could create their own Apples to Apples card for the couple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe everyone glues their initials next to their signature using Scrabble tiles? (or simulated Scrabble tiles printed on heavy paper ?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S.
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
maybe everyone glues their initials next to their signature using Scrabble tiles? (or simulated Scrabble tiles printed on heavy paper ?)

It might be fun to create your own version of Carcassonne and have each person customize a tile. Simplest would be to buy blank tiles, official or otherwise, and give people simple rules (edges must be fully a city, field or road in the middle, etc), but would be easier on them if you had some rough outlines created. People could then color them in (great for kids) and also write congrats, drawings of you in your new life/home, etc.

http://zmangames.com/product-details.php?id=1502
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/product/SmallSquareTi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give each guest a box of crayons and a blank Dixit card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Classic Jenga pieces work well...have everyone sign a block
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PooEater wrote:
Classic Jenga pieces work well...have everyone sign a block

We did this exact thing for our wedding. People loved it and whenever we play Jenga, we can revisit the various comments people left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you could come-up with 6 different little ideas, have each person/couple/family roll a big D6 to decide which type of signature they use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.