BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Shipping advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order with CSI using a freight forwarder to my country in Singapore. According to CSI, the shipping weight is 4.5 kg. But according to my freight forwarder, the actual weight is 4.9 kg and the volumetric weight is 8.6 kg.

I was astounded by the huge discrepancy in weight. I am still wondering if the fault lies with CSI for using a huge box to pack all the games or with my freight forwarder for refusing to repack the games. Any advice I can use here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI uses packing peanuts in a box a little larger so the games do not slam against the sides in transit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who don't know; volumetric weight is calculated using the dimensions of the box your are shipping and is used by shipping companies to account for the amount of space a shipment takes up. When shipping, forwarders will use whichever weight is higher when figuring out their cost. The weights are usually similar but can differ greatly if the product you are shipping is very big for it's weight or very heavy for it's size.

For example, Twilight Imperium has a massive box and will therefore take up more room on the forwarder's vehicle than it's weight would suggest, meaning they cannot ship as much as they would normally be able to.

I don't know what you have ordered so cannot say whether the size of the box CSI have used is appropriate. However, it obviously seems to be a fairly large box, which hopefully means they have protected the games inside very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the games I ordered

1. Aquasphere
2. Bunny Bunny Moose Moose
3. Fingo
4. Super Motherload
5. Legendary Marvel Fear Expansion
6. Smash up pretty pretty expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanada Spiel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angatheart wrote:
I placed an order with CSI using a freight forwarder to my country in Singapore. According to CSI, the shipping weight is 4.5 kg. But according to my freight forwarder, the actual weight is 4.9 kg and the volumetric weight is 8.6 kg.

I was astounded by the huge discrepancy in weight. I am still wondering if the fault lies with CSI for using a huge box to pack all the games or with my freight forwarder for refusing to repack the games. Any advice I can use here.

Ask your forwarder to repack. Usually, that will throw away the bulky delivery box that house your games. Sometime, seller will use bigger box with lots of peanuts/airbags to protect your games during transit. CSI did that with some of my orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.