Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BSG 472: Caprica is Falling Down
5 Player Pegasus/Exodus/Daybreak to Earth

Welcome to the start of BSG 472: Caprica is Falling Down. This will be a play-by-forum game in the style established by ColtsFan76. Thanks go to him for starting this. Thanks also to Orphius, JasperHawk, and Mawkee for their work on the mod tools that will be used.

Our Crew:

Mawkee as Lee Adama (Political)
ialsoagree as Dee, then as Hot Dog
TerminusEst as Helo (Pilot)
Desonos as Tom Zarek (Military)
rdonoso as Starbuck

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of game.

If, at some point, you are temporarily away from your cards and need the text to make a decision, send me a GeekMail and I'll get you the relevant information.

d10-2 You are expected to subscribe to this thread and to check in at least twice per day, preferably around 12 hours apart.

There is an expectation that you will not hold the game up for a significant period of time when it is your turn to make an action. If it is your turn to act and it has been more than 12 hours, I will issue a reminder to you. After 24 hours of inactivity, I may make your decision for you. Habitual offenders may be replaced. If you are going to be offline for longer stretches of time (and that is totally acceptable), please tell us in the thread (or me by geekmail), and we can pause the game if necessary.

Do note that if there is active discussion concerning your current turn you will not be rushed.

d10-3 All communication between players must occur in this thread ONLY.

Anything that needs to be communicated privately by me and a player will take place via GeekMail. When sending me a GeekMail, please include the game number, your character name, and a description in the subject line. (Example: "BSG 472: Starbuck - Secret Destiny Use")

d10-4 Follow typical play-by-forum conventions when posting.

This includes always making it clear what character you are speaking as by including an appropriate banner at the top of each post. Banners created by DukeOfEarl et al. are available here. If you are mobile, please type your character name in caps at the top of your post. Other pictures for adding flavor can be found in this compilation.

Also, be sure to leave regular discussion in a plain font, in-character flavor text in italics, and actions you wish to take in bold. Be especially conscious of the bolding of your actions; I will not execute an action if it isn't bolded.

d10-5 Do not edit your posts.

Please do not go back and edit posts unless you are quickly fixing a typo immediately after posting. Instead, simply make a new post stating what you would have changed. This is to prevent confusion (both for me and your fellow players).

d10-6 Do not quote posts from more than one page back.

The game can get much less fun if some players have perfect memories, so if you are quoting another player it may not be from more than one page back.

d10-7 Respect the secrecy rules.

Battlestar Galactica is a much less interesting game if the secrecy rules are not closely followed. I suggest everyone take a look at the official "Secrecy Clarifications" document, the last page of the Official FAQ. In particular, please make sure you don't:
* Say "medium" if you only played one card.
* Talk about scouted cards beyond good or bad.
* Identify what cards (or even what colors) you played into a skill check.
* Volunteer what cards are in your hand unless it is relevant to the situation.

Conditional Orders (COs)

1 I ask that you put in COs for pretty much anything you can think of. All COs should be sent to me via GeekMail, and be clearly labeled by having "CO" (and a description of what the CO is for) in the subject line.

2 Do not post public COs under any circumstances; this includes posting bold text when it is not your turn to act.

3 Under many circumstances, I will not wait for interrupts before executing actions. The following is a (non-comprehensive) list of examples of things for which I will not ask for interrupts for (and thus will not have interrupts played on them unless you put in a CO):

Declare Emergency
Strategic Planning on Launch Scout unless there is only one raptor remaining.
Strategic Planning on attacks by vipers.
Strategic Planning on any rolls that would aid the Cylons.
Evasive Maneuvers unless the viper is a. destroyed, b. manned, c. it is the last ship protecting a civilian, d. it is the last ship in a sector and there are no civilians on the board, or e. if there are 2 or fewer undamaged vipers left.

4 I will assume that you have a standing CO to pass on any interrupt that you do not hold in your hand. Players are encouraged to put in COs to pass on interrupts that they are holding but do not intend to play. Any COs to pass on interrupts will be resolved once everyone else has already passed, to minimize the amount of information revealed by these COs.

5 If you have an interrupt-style character ability, then you must put in a CO to use your ability when appropriate. For example, I will not ask if Starbuck wants to use Secret Destiny on every crisis card that is played, but she may put in a CO to pause to let her decide when a crisis card meets certain criteria.

6 Be very clear when writing your COs. If I feel it is ambiguous, I will let you know and will not execute the CO. Feel free to make them as complicated as you like, as long as they are understandable.

Despite my best intentions, I will probably make mistakes and miss things. If you see something that looks wrong let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This will be a 5 player Pegasus/Exodus/Daybreak game. If someone selects a Cylon Leader, then we will have a Mutineer. The players will decide whether we will use Personal Goals, Final Five, or the Cylon Fleet Board.

Invited:

criss_cross
rdonoso IN!
mawkee IN!
ialsoagree IN!
Desonos IN!

Alternates:

Darth Binkly
BosonMichael Waitlist #2 (maybe)
Khaaaaan Waitlist #3
TerminusEst Waitlist #1
Toroburu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am interested, please count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Once upon a time, there was this guy named mawkee..
badge
Hey, what are you trying to do??!
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in! Thanks for moderating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Skyrim 2 is coming, right? Yes, I know Skyrim is Elder Scrolls 5...
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting to CIC - I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I love the Mutineer rule. So if nobody chooses a CL, I will devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alternate ready to step in if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate reporting in and ready to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate 2, standing by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mawkee wrote:

Just a suggestion - 5p games with a Cylon Leader can often get a bit lopsided with only one "true" Cylon. If we want to play with a Cylon Leader, I'd recommend increasing the player count to 6 (or 7 with a CL + Mutineer). However, with that many players, all of the players need to commit to checking in so as to not slow the game down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BosonMichael wrote:
Mawkee wrote:

Just a suggestion - 5p games with a Cylon Leader can often get a bit lopsided with only one "true" Cylon. If we want to play with a Cylon Leader, I'd recommend increasing the player count to 6 (or 7 with a CL + Mutineer). However, with that many players, all of the players need to commit to checking in so as to not slow the game down.

I would like to leave it at 5 players. I am already modding a game with 7 players that includes a mutineer and a Cylon leader (BSG 461 - Kat be Nimble), and I am curious as to how it will work out with only the 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed_hennessy wrote:

BosonMichael wrote:
Mawkee wrote:

I would like to leave it at 5 players. I am already modding a game with 7 players that includes a mutineer and a Cylon leader (BSG 461 - Kat be Nimble), and I am curious as to how it will work out with only the 5.

I understand. Considering mawkee has already committed to choosing a CL, I think I will change my response and sit this one out. Thanks for the invite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, hold... I'm not that evil hehe

I can hold off from selecting a Cylon Leader if the majority of the players agree we shouldn't use it, or the mod decides it. I have no problems with playing a game without CL, I was just interested in playing with a Mutineer on board. But I'm ok without it too. Just like the mechanics of it, that's all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mawkee wrote:
Hey, hold... I'm not that evil hehe

I can hold off from selecting a Cylon Leader if the majority of the players agree we shouldn't use it, or the mod decides it. I have no problems with playing a game without CL, I was just interested in playing with a Mutineer on board. But I'm ok without it too. Just like the mechanics of it, that's all

I do too. The Mutineer fixes many of the problems inherent with a Sympathizer. And I often get to play as the Cylon Leader in face-to-face games. Both mechanics are great fun.

That said, I know from experience how frustrating it is to be the lone Cylon in a 4p game... I can't imagine having to play against 3 humans AND a pro-human Cylon... gulp

I will remain firmly on the fence until conditions warrant otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My personal preference would be for no CL.

However, I am not so opposed to the idea that I would not participate in a 5p game with a CL and a mutineer. I never get "You are a cylon" anyway, so it'd probably help me win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

And I also don't like the "one true Cylon", in 467 after Boomer revealed there was no tension.

Let's Go no CL?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ialsoagree wrote:
I never get "You are a cylon" anyway...

...until this time. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonoso wrote:
And I also don't like the "one true Cylon", in 467 after Boomer revealed there was no tension.

I, for one, think there's still plenty of tension...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudotheist wrote:
rdonoso wrote:

I, for one, think there's still plenty of tension...

The bigger adversary you guys have is the mod!

Lol! just kidding! #not #notnot #nowImconfused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think if there is a majority that doesn't want a Cylon leader that we can play 5 players with 3 humans and 2 Cylons.

Does anyone have a preference about the other optional rules from Exodus (Personal Goals, Final Five, Fleet Board)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My preference for Exodus:

NO personal goals.

YES final five.

YES fleet board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My votes for Exodus:

YES personal goals.

YES final five.

NO fleet board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So there we go

YES personal goals
YES final five
YES fleet board

Keep the votes coming... But I think Final Five is almost definite, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I am too far back on the waitlist. Nuke a toaster for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might as well say I'm in though it looks like my chance is zero of making it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [38] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.