Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG Star Realms League!
This thread is for the eighth season of play, Silver Tier, Frigate Division.
Following are the league rules:

CHANGES TO THIS DOCUMENT (i.e., "read this even if you've played in this league before")

- The default position for league play for Gambits -- at least for this season -- is OFF. If, however, two players agree to use the Gambits expansion in their league match, I have no objection to that.

- When a match is over, it is not necessary to allow the winner to post the score. When the loser opts not to post the score, it greatly increases the likelihood of the score (or even the result) being forgotten. Therefore, both players should make an effort to report the result (though, of course, if it has already been posted by the time a player goes to do so, it is not necessary to double-report).

- There will be prize support in this season. Each tier will have available to it one prize -- generously provided by White Wizard Games. The Platinum Tier winner will have first choice of prize, followed in turn by the champion of the Gold, then Silver, then Bronze Tier.

The prizes are:
- playmat with the art from Mothership (1 available)
- Gambit Set (2 available)
- Battle Screecher and Megahauler, plus sticker with the Star Realms logo (4 available)

The champions of each tier will be determined as follows:
- Platinum: normal
- Gold: top 2 players from each division in a 4-player tournament
- Silver: top 2 players from each division and 2 wild cards (third- or fourth-place finishers with the best records) in an 8-player tournament
- Bronze: top 3 players from each division in a 12-player tournament, in which the winner of each division will receive a first-round bye

Each of the tournaments will be one game per round.

Prize support will continue going forward for as long as White Wizard chooses to provide it. If you like this idea and want White Wizard to continue, head over to this link to let them know: http://www.starrealms.com/contact-us/.

ROUND STRUCTURE

- A round begins when the standings for the round just finished are posted along with the pairings for the next round. (For the first round, the round begins with this post.)

- The maximum duration of a round is 72 hours (rounded to the next morning, CST). Of course, matches that are not completed within the 72-hour timeframe will still count once they are completed.

- Each round will be played discretely. In other words, players will not generally "play ahead" by playing matches against divisional opponents in quick succession.

DIVISION STRUCTURE

- The duration of the season is 11 rounds, as each player will play each other player in the division once.

- Standings will be posted upon the conclusion of each round.

- Standings are determined by a player's record of wins and losses.

- Though points scored are also tracked, they do not have any bearing on the standings. The only uses for the "points differential" (i.e. the difference between the points a player has scored and the points that player has allowed) are for seeding in certain playoff scenarios and as a randomizer of sorts for assigning promoted and relegated players to different divisions.

- The columns you will see in the standings are as follows:

W - wins
L - losses
Pct - winning percentage (wins divided by games played)
PS - points scored (by the player, including negative points in losses)
PA - points allowed (or, points scored by the player's opponents, including negative points)
Dif - points differential (points scored minus points allowed)

LEAGUE STRUCTURE

- The league is divided into four tiers: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.

- The tiers are arranged in a pyramidal structure, with a different number of divisions in each tier, as follows:

Platinum - 1 division
Gold - 2 divisions
Silver - 3 divisions
Bronze - 4 divisions

- The top 2 players in every division but the Platinum Tier will be promoted. In other words, if they wish to play in the next season, they will be placed in the next higher tier. (Exception: In the Bronze Tier, the third-place finisher with the best record among the four divisions will also be promoted as a wild card.)

- The bottom 4 players in the Platinum Tier and the bottom 3 players in the Gold and Silver Tiers will be relegated. In other words, if they wish to play in the next season, they will be placed in the next lower tier.

- In the event that there are players who do not wish to continue for the next season of play, the exact number of players being promoted or relegated may be adjusted downward, at my discretion.

- In the event of a tie for a promotion or relegation spot, the players will have a playoff to determine the winner.

PLAYOFF STRUCTURE

2 players: The tied players will play a one-game playoff in which the winner is promoted (or the loser is relegated, depending on the situation).

3 players:
- Each player will play the other two players simultaneously.
- If one player wins twice, the playoff will end (with the appropriate assignation of effects; for example, if it is a playoff for the second promotion spot in a division, that player who wins twice will be promoted).
- If the players tie, a second round will be played in the same manner as the first.
- If the players tie a second time, the tiebreaker will be the points differential within the playoff rounds only.

4 players:
- The players will be arranged into a single-elimination tournament bracket. (The eliminated players will be the winners if playing for relegation or the losers if playing for promotion.)
- If there are two promotion or relegation positions in contention, the final round of the tournament is not necessary.

5 players:
- The players will be seeded 1-5 according to their season points differential.
- Each player will play two matches, and pairings will be as follows:

1 v. 5
1 v. 4
2 v. 4
2 v. 3
3 v. 5

- If all players tie after the first round, a second round will be played with the following pairings:

1 v. 2
1 v. 3
2 v. 5
3 v. 4
4 v. 5

- If all players tie after the second round, the tiebreaker will be the points differential within the playoff rounds only.
- Otherwise, the other two possible finishes are:
-- a) one player finishes 2-0, three players finish 1-1, and one player finishes 0-2, or,
-- b) two players finish 2-0, one player finishes 1-1, and two players finish 0-2
- Relevant reductions will be applied as necessary. (For example, if the players are playing for the second promotion spot, result (a) would end the playoffs with the 2-0 player being promoted, while result (b) would generate an additional two-player playoff between the two players finishing 2-0.)

6 players:
- The players will be seeded 1-6 according to their season points differential.
- The players will be grouped into 3 pods of 2 players each, and pairings will be as follows:

1 v. 6
2 v. 5
3 v. 4

- The winner of each pod (or loser, in the event of a contest for relegation) in the first round of the playoff will proceed into the second round, which will be performed according to a normal 3-player playoff.

REMINDERS, TIPS, & NOTES

- Please check in at regular intervals to BGG -- daily, if possible. It would also be a good idea to subscribe to this thread.

- Please endeavor to play at a good pace. Though there is no system in place for penalizing slow play, if it becomes burdensome to the other players in the division, I may be forced to remove a lagging player from the league.

- When matches are posted, either player may send the challenge.

- When matches conclude, either player may post the result. Screenshots are not necessary. Please include negative numbers. (This score can be found in the game lobby, with the loser's score typically being a negative number.)

- If at some point during the season you anticipate being unavailable for more that a day or two, please notify me as far in advance as you can. In this situation, I am willing to double up games from the rounds you will be absent for so as not to delay the entire division.

- In the event that a player unexpectedly stops responding to invitations or games being played and it becomes apparent to me that the player has abandoned the game, that player will either be, a) replaced (if it is still early in the season) or, b) removed (if it is later in the season). In the event of option (b), all of a player's games will be vacated, including games already played; this means that a player's games already played will not count and that future opponents will have a bye for a round.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them (or geekmail me, if you prefer).

Pairings for round 1:
benjotron v. AshCoolBro
harrio v. Cylon
codger v. Wonko
Darklighter v. Jekkum
ErnieB v. Mortex
rocksbg v. rurouni

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jekkum challenged (no Gambits)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Siegel
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
Accepted your challenge. For everyone else, I prefer gambits over the base game so feel free to challenge me with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darklighter defeated Jekkum 28 to -8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sayre
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mortex 30 to ErnieB 0

GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul Groene
msg tools
mb
Rurouni...sorry I accidentally challenged you with gambits then did regular incase you didn't want gambits... Didn't think you would accept both... Which one do you prefer to have count? I prefer gambits but will play either one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cylon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Challenge sent to harrio.

Edit:
Cylon -5
Harrio 14

Good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony harris
APO/FPO
APO
AE
msg tools
mbmb
cylon -5 harrio 14

gg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three matches remaining in this round:
- benjotron v. AshCoolBro
- codger v. Wonko
- rocksbg v. rurouni

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I'm a little slow to get started this season. Sorry. I just challenged Codger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Codger beat Wonko 12 to -10. Good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
benjotron defeats AschCoolBro 19 to -2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Standings after round 1:*

Silver Tier, Frigate Division

Name W L Pct PS PA Dif

Darklighter 1 0 100 28 - 8 36
Mortex 1 0 100 30 0 30
codger 1 0 100 12 -10 22
benjotron 1 0 100 19 - 2 21
harrio 1 0 100 14 - 5 19
rocksbg 0 0 0 0 0 0
rurouni 0 0 0 0 0 0
Cylon 0 1 0 - 5 14 -19
AshCoolBro 0 1 0 - 2 19 -21
Wonko 0 1 0 -10 12 -22
ErnieB 0 1 0 0 30 -30
Jekkum 0 1 0 - 8 28 -36

* with one game still outstanding

Pairings for round 2:
benjotron v. Cylon
harrio v. Wonko
codger v. Jekkum
Darklighter v. Mortex
ErnieB v. rurouni
rocksbg v. AshCoolBro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sayre
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mortex 37 to Darklighter -5

One hell of a duel and much closer than the score looks. Good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mortex defeated Darklighter 37 to -5. Nice 42 point burst there at the end to finish me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mortex wrote:

One hell of a duel and much closer than the score looks. Good game.

I knew the fact that you were able to grab the scrapping cards early was going to kill me later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cylon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Challenge sent to benjotron.

Edit:
Cylon 11
Benjotron -2

Good game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jekkum challenged, base game only. Sorry, haven't gotten Gambits yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul Groene
msg tools
mb
Rocksbg 20 - rurouni -2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul Groene
msg tools
mb
AshCoolBro - do you want to go with gambits or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony harris
APO/FPO
APO
AE
msg tools
mbmb
wonko 0 harrio 3

N E V E R G I V E U P !!!!!!!

gg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was one of the most amazing comebacks I have ever seen. GG

harrio wrote:
wonko 0 harrio 3

N E V E R G I V E U P !!!!!!!

gg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony harris
APO/FPO
APO
AE
msg tools
mbmb
thank you sir...it took an amazing opponent to bring it out of me.

i thought you had me when i lost sight of how many bases you acquired and how much trade federation healing you grabbed.

once you got me down to one point it was literally...do, or die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four matches still remaining from this round:
- benjotron v. Cylon
- codger v. Jekkum
- ErnieB v. rurouni
- rocksbg v. AshCoolBro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cylon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JoeCylon wrote:
Challenge sent to benjotron.

Edit:
Cylon 11
Benjotron -2

Good game

I already played benjotron and won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.