21 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » News

Subject: New pictures of the first expansions from GAMA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta say this new stuff looks great and seeing how they put very little inside those expansions, I really hope they come for a reasonable price.

Enjoy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...

https://www.facebook.com/FFPgames?fref=nf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:
I gotta say this new stuff looks great and seeing how they put very little inside those expansions, I really hope they come for a reasonable price.

Enjoy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...

https://www.facebook.com/FFPgames?fref=nf

Looking forward to the Undead heroes.... Those look pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolfe Bergstrom
msg tools
mbmb
I'm pretty excited that the doors and gates pack comes with a 15-card expansion. I don't think they'd previously announced that (not until very recently, anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
R_b_bergstrom wrote:
I'm pretty excited that the doors and gates pack comes with a 15-card expansion. I don't think they'd previously announced that (not until very recently, anyway).

That was new in that update.

What is new from GAMA is the Scafford Gang all being in one box, rather than 3 SKUs like the kickstarter implied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. And I didn't purchase Wave 1.5 shipping....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:

I am still optimistic they will let you add wave 1.5 shipping when the time gets closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
What is new from GAMA is the Scafford Gang all being in one box, rather than 3 SKUs like the kickstarter implied.

Was it 3 or 2? I though that it was going to be the Scafford gang with Scafford in one box and the Dark Stone Brutes in another, but my recollection might be off.

It was cool to see the mock-up for the box that includes the Void Sorcerers with Void Hounds, as well as the Trun Hunters and Serpentmen. Too bad the Serpentmen box was washed out from the flash but I'd assume it would contain the Serpentmen and their Shaman. As for the Void Sorcerers, I remembered FFP saying that they'd increased the number of Sorcerers to 2 from 1, but could it have gone up to 3? There are 3 in the display case and there might be 3 on the cover of the box, but the low resolution of the pic makes it hard to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
SabastianBludd wrote:
dahak wrote:

Was it 3 or 2? I though that it was going to be the Scafford gang with Scafford in one box and the Dark Stone Brutes in another, but my recollection might be off.

3.The Gang were in Outlaw, Brutes were $15 and Scafford himself was $10.

SabastianBludd wrote:
As for the Void Sorcerers, I remembered FFP saying that they'd increased the number of Sorcerers to 2 from 1, but could it have gone up to 3? There are 3 in the display case and there might be 3 on the cover of the box, but the low resolution of the pic makes it hard to tell.

It went up from 1 to 3, when they announced the change (Update 42).

I've been through the top layer of their display and labelled what I think each figure is.

If I'm right that is all the first alternatives for the Starter heroes. I think the second alternate Gunslinger is on the level below next to the Burrower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

I am still optimistic they will let you add wave 1.5 shipping when the time gets closer.

If I remember right, they seemed very hesitant in their comments about that when people started asking for it. However, I'm betting there will also be so much outcry and demand for it, that they'll cave to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can wait if I have to - I'm not going to harass them about it but I may end up asking. I just don't think I'll be able to resist.
About the time they announced that 1.5 would be later and then pushed Wave 2 shipping to the end of the year next year I started regretting my decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want my F-ing outlaw figure. Got to wait a year for it..
Fing BLOWS!...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Fing BLOWS!...

Yep - this thread is going to take on the feel of a support group for those who didn't get the 1.5 shipping option. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
atraangelis wrote:
Fing BLOWS!...

Yep - this thread is going to take on the feel of a support group for those who didn't get the 1.5 shipping option. cry

Maybe if you're from the US.
For me, Wave 1.5 shipping would've been an extra $100.

I can wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
VonMeister wrote:
atraangelis wrote:
Fing BLOWS!...

I can wait.

$100 plus import tax, ISTR wave 1.5 wasn't including being EU friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
VonMeister wrote:
atraangelis wrote:
Fing BLOWS!...

I can wait.

$100 plus import tax, ISTR wave 1.5 wasn't including being EU friendly.

Right, that as well.
So $100 plus anywhere between 10 and 60+ Euros (depending on what's in Wave 1.5 and how it would be declared) in import taxes.

Eh... no thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
DA_Maz wrote:
What they aren't telling you is that Guardian comes in about 792 different parts. Superglue not included!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
DA_Maz wrote:
What they aren't telling you is that Guardian comes in about 792 different parts. Superglue not included!

I'm currently assembling Robotech RPG Tactics.
Tons of tiny pieces don't scare me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is my drifter? Everyone needs a Blondie/eastwood character for thwir mine. I havent seen any pics of his sculpt yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
R_b_bergstrom wrote:

How is it going to be handled for kickstarter backers?

I paid extra for the Colonel because he wasn't listed as a stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
dahak wrote:
R_b_bergstrom wrote:

How is it going to be handled for kickstarter backers?

I paid extra for the Colonel because he wasn't listed as a stretch goal.

I'm not sure if they do the packaging themselves. Either way, the box is probably for retail, and ks backers will either get the unboxed set along with the Colonel and heavies separately, or they will send the boxed version to those who went all in, and only do the separate packaging for those who didn't minimally do the ks Outlaw with the Heavies and the Colonel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm nearly certain that they've made mention of the fact that KS Outlaw and Minecart backers will be getting everything without retail packaging. They also mentioned having a la carte options for Outlaw level backers that end up with what turn out to be partial copies of the retail box sets.

Looking at the Outlaw level, the only other items that look like they might require a piecemeal option would be the Trederrans (Raiders, Grenadiers, Field Marshall) and the Heroes (if they decide to release Hero packs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.