Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its been quite some time since I heard any news pertaining to expansions 3 & 4 of Kingdom Builder. Have they been canceled? Or will they be coming out soon? Can anybody point to some recent information on this topic?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you're thinking of more recent than November:

max_s wrote:
Are the additional expansions to Kingdom Builder still planned or wasn't Crossroads popular enough?

I finished two more expansions, a while back. I don't know if they will come out, but Queen was planning on doing them last I heard; the 3rd one didn't happen on schedule because they did the Big Box. If the 3rd expansion is happening, Queen will be planning to have it at the February toy show in Nuremberg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaa! How'd I miss that? For some reason, I thought KB was "finished." Well, I'll look forward to another expansion, although I don't feel like the game is "missing" anything at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
tylorlilley wrote:
Its been quite some time since I heard any news pertaining to expansions 3 & 4 of Kingdom Builder. Have they been canceled? Or will they be coming out soon? Can anybody point to some recent information on this topic?

Currently I think the 3rd expansion will be out by June. I haven't proofread anything for it yet, but that won't be cause for alarm for at least a few more weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
Currently I think the 3rd expansion will be out by June. I haven't proofread anything for it yet, but that won't be cause for alarm for at least a few more weeks.

Not to be alarmist, but I'm alarmed.

Still, I'd rather the expansion be published riddled with errors than not published at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
tylorlilley wrote:

Is there any word about when The Island might be made available again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
rickert wrote:
Is there any word about when The Island might be made available again?

I have no information there. I also don't know if/when Nomads will be reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this sound like there is going to be a new Kickstarter campaign "Everything Kingdom Builder", just like they did with Alhambra? First came the Big Box, something I thought was 'complete', then came "Everything Alhambra" with even more content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
I assume you're thinking of more recent than November:

Haha, yes, that was the latest info I could find before posting... I was hoping there was more up to date information out there somewhere! Four months is a long time in the board game world to go without hearing about something...

donaldx wrote:

...and this is exactly the kind of "new news" I was hoping to hear! Thanks Donald, you're the best!

And thanks to the rest of you who commented as well! I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:

Is it cause for alarm yet? I've still not seen anything talking about the next expansion, and June is right around the corner now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
tylorlilley wrote:
Is it cause for alarm yet? I've still not seen anything talking about the next expansion, and June is right around the corner now.

I've seen some artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please put the expansion in a bigger box. One that will hold everything. My box is FULL with all that has been released so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blucky wrote:
Please put the expansion in a bigger box. One that will hold everything. My box is FULL with all that has been released so far.

I don't know how much say Donald has in that decision. Queen is the one you'd need to contact about that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really sorry this great game is in the hands of Queen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
tylorlilley wrote:

I've seen some artwork.

I'll take this as a good sign; thanks for keeping us updated even when there is radio silence coming from the publisher.

dkearns wrote:
I'm really sorry this great game is in the hands of Queen.

Amen brother! I mean no ill will toward Donald, if it wasn't for him I would never buy a game/expansion form them again. Everything about how they handle themselves has seemed incompetent in that they seem to lack the communication skills that are really important for customer satisfaction.

But one can hope they'll improve... not that it's very likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen Games manufactures great games with top notch components. I have never had any problems with missing pieces, so I can't say anything regarding their customer service. I am also a returning Kickstarter backer for their games. No problems so far on my end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
Queen Games manufactures great games with top notch components. I have never had any problems with missing pieces, so I can't say anything regarding their customer service. I am also a returning Kickstarter backer for their games. No problems so far on my end.

I'm sure they are fine for some but they are not fine for me and I know there are people who agree with that sentiment, haha. I was a backer of both Greed and the KB Big Box (for the island and special settlements), and they were easily the least communicative kickstarters I have participated in. If that kind of thing doesn't bother you or if you haven't had any problems with them then of course you wouldn't have anything to complain about. I don't doubt your experience with them has been fine; but for me their lack of communication with their English/USA customers has been frustrating to deal with, enough that I try to avoid them if at all possible.

But that's not really what this thread is about. Sorry if I let it get off track! I will try to stop doing that now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not buy anything except KB ever from Queen. They care only about money and not about customers. Their communication skills are horrid. They have bungled the Island expansion as badly as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Communication and shady practices have caused me to lose faith in them.

But also, the quality is NOT there. The last purchases I made from Queen, every one of them, had one or more defects. Lots of missing or damaged parts. Bungled releases. KB Crossroads was a mess. They demonstrate a lack of care overall and I have decided to no longer support them.

To those who haven't had problems, that's great. But I was once a big fan of Queen too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I will not buy anything except KB ever from Queen. They care only about money and not about customers. Their communication skills are horrid. They have bungled the Island expansion as badly as possible.

If they really cared most about money, surely they'd be doing a better job of selling that Island expansion. It hasn't received a wide release yet but I don't see how that translates to the worst possible bungling...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
rickert wrote:

If they really cared most about money, surely they'd be doing a better job of selling that Island expansion. It hasn't received a wide release yet but I don't see how that translates to the worst possible bungling...

It really has been bungled massively just because of what you wrote. It has been out for a year and yet not in wide release. So they has ticked off many, many customers. They have blatantly refused to answer emails or respond to requests for information about it. Please tell me how they could have done worse. This is further testament to only care about money because I am sure they make almost nothing on this product so they can't even be bothered to post a couple of sentences about its status. It seems clear to me what a wreck has been made of the company and its reputation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
rickert wrote:

The Island "expansion" is a promo. I assume they're making close to zero money on it. From what I understand, promos generally don't directly produce income for the publisher; they just increase visibility of the game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
The Island "expansion" is a promo. I assume they're making close to zero money on it. From what I understand, promos generally don't directly produce income for the publisher; they just increase visibility of the game itself.

True enough. It seems like it would be a sensible thing to do, considering that there seems to be demand for the promo exceeding the supply (and it's already all developed), to include the Island in a forthcoming full-sized expansion, to help drive its sales. For all we know, Queen Games actually intends that, but it also seems unlikely that they'll say.

Also, this one is in the sort of fuzzy zone between a genuine promo (which might be a very few cards, or, like Caves, four small tiles) and a smallish expansion. I proxied up some Caves for myself without breaking a sweat, but I don't think I could satisfy myself as well with a home-made Island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
True enough. It seems like it would be a sensible thing to do, considering that there seems to be demand for the promo exceeding the supply (and it's already all developed), to include the Island in a forthcoming full-sized expansion, to help drive its sales. For all we know, Queen Games actually intends that, but it also seems unlikely that they'll say.

I think it's up to Donald what goes in each expansion, not Queen. And for what it's worth, he's said that Island is an outtake; it wasn't good enough to be in an expansion. Anyway, I wouldn't expect it to show up in a future expansion, is what I'm saying. I mean it could conceivably happen, but I think it's unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
Carthoris wrote:

I think it's up to Donald what goes in each expansion, not Queen. And for what it's worth, he's said that Island is an outtake; it wasn't good enough to be in an expansion. Anyway, I wouldn't expect it to show up in a future expansion, is what I'm saying. I mean it could conceivably happen, but I think it's unlikely.

Can you quote where Donald said it wasn't good enough to be in an expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.