United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just would like to double check that I have the timing of the cloaking right.

Impulse 1, "other" phase, I spend four times my basic energy for cloaking, and start fading away. No launching is possible.

Impulse 2, still fading. No direct fire. In the "other" phase I become fully cloaked. No additional cost.

Impulse 3 and 4 I am fully cloaked and don't have to pay anything because I already paid for it.

In the "other" phase of impulse 4 I can pay energy to keep the cloaking active, or not pay, in which case I start fading in, and will be fully visible in the "other" phase of impulse 5.

is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is correct. I will add for completion sake that in your example you are unable to fire phasers in impulse 5 but you can fire seeking weapons during the launch step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanXor wrote:
Yes that is correct. I will add for completion sake that in your example you are unable to fire phasers in impulse 5 but you can fire seeking weapons during the launch step.

perfect, thanks. I am glad I played it right so far. Aah, the beauty of torpedoing an opponent right after you slip out of cover...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Master Rulebook G13.15 Deactivating the Cloaking Device:....the ship itself may not lock-on to any enemy ship or fire/ launch any weapons until its fire control becomes active AND fade-in is complete....

I am not sure if Federation Commander edition rules would cover that but basically from the above I thought you couldn't fire during the fade-in, including the torpedos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
From the Master Rulebook G13.15 Deactivating the Cloaking Device:....the ship itself may not lock-on to any enemy ship or fire/ launch any weapons until its fire control becomes active AND fade-in is complete....

I am not sure if Federation Commander edition rules would cover that but basically from the above I thought you couldn't fire during the fade-in, including the torpedos.

you're correct, you can't fire anything while fading or faded, but remember the sequence:

Direct fire
Fading
Launch

so you could direct fire the turn you start fading, right before you fade, and you could launch a torpedo the turn you become visible, right after you become visible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.