Subject: Mage Wars Arena Game Board smaller? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the picture in the announcement back in December 2014 it looks like the game board is smaller. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Link to article: http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/new-core-set-ent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is still functionally the same size: 4 by 3 zones. However, it is possible that the zones themselves might be smaller in addition to the board folding a different way so as to fit into the smaller box. I haven't heard any information on such a development, but you are correct that they do look smaller in the picture. However, I doubt that is just an image of the game setup on a table either. It's probably been photoshopped and the different elements could be to different scales. Notice that the cards to the right of the board appear smaller than the Mage Art cards also.

If the zones are smaller it'll make it a little trickier to fit things into the appropriate zone and still all be visible, but it shouldn't have any affect on actual game play. We'll have to wait and see if there actually has been a change in size though or if it's just a quirk of the image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. My concern is that the zones will be too small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You forget that the original advertisement for Mage wars included a distorted game board size as well.

I'm 100% certain the board size will accommodate the card dimensions.

Game on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be mistaken, but I vaguely recall reading somewhere that it's (approximately?) the same size but folds a different way (e.g. one more fold).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I could be mistaken, but I vaguely recall reading somewhere that it's (approximately?) the same size but folds a different way (e.g. one more fold).

Yep, it will fold in 6 instead of 4 to allow it to fit in a more normal sized box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The board is the same size as the original board, since it folds differently we were able to fit it into the new box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.