7 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » Variants

Subject: Stairwell rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Steffen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This variant simulates the layout of most modern buildings where the stairs connect multiple floors and the roof.

The Stairs tiles are placed in the same location on every floor.

The Stairs tiles are placed face up.

The Stairs location is determined by a random draw from one of the Patrol decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Are you putting in anything to balance how much easier it makes things? Finding the stairs are a major part of the difficulty of the game. This is especially true in a four player game where you need to spread people out on multiple floors as quickly as possible. And then on the final floor, finding the stairs to the roof is a big part of the endgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Steffen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I originally came up with this idea as part of the "Safes located in rooms rather than being rooms" variant I posted earlier. In that variant the difficulty is already increased because the Safes are potentially alarmed or blocked.

Thoughts on increasing difficulty of the Stairwell itself:
- Stairwells are also Cameras
- Roof access is not in the Stairwell
- The Stairwell is located outside the 4x4 layout

Anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Yeah, I saw that other variant and was mulling over how the alarmed safe rooms would balance it out. Imagine a safe that was in a deadbolt room!

Here's an idea: Stairways become keycode locked. So you have to figure out the code to them. So you better get up there and start rolling, and you should probably have a Peterman.

And the event that changes the keycodes would cause you to be locked out of the stairwell! Imagine the problems that would cause. *evil laugh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last game I played, the stairs randomly ended up at A1 on all three floors. It did not make the game easier, let me tell you :/ God I love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristo Anglo
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Ya know this is all good stuff IMO. If the stairwells are all placed diagonally to a corner face up and key code locked and or a camera....that is pretty cool. The safes being in a room that is either a foyer, camera, or laser etc. this is WAY awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Great expansion idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.