Empires (fan expansion for 7 Wonders)» Forums » General

Subject: 2 player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
randy s

wantagh
New York
msg tools
Can anyone please tell me, what is it about empires that makes it good for 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, Empires removes the fake player from the game. The Empires "City State" play mode plays more like a team match than a 3-player game with an absent player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "States Mode" in Empires is for 2 players. You each play two wonder boards, without a dummy player. It makes the game longer because you have twice as many decisions, but we find it more satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randy s

wantagh
New York
msg tools
Thanks. So if I going to print out the expansion, I am concerned about printing cards that need to be shuffled in with the base game cards. Printing them on card stock will make them stand out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a common issue with cards in fan expansions like this. Sleeving the cards can make it less of an issue.

For the 2-Player States mode, you don't NEED to create any of the extra cards. My wife and I just printed off two new wonder boards for our first play, and thoroughly enjoyed it. (We now have the full set created, but it's not essential to enjoy the new rules.) You can even play States Mode with just the base game, using any of these pairings:

- Halikarnassós and Rhodós (A/B)
- Gizah and Saqqara (A/B)
- Olympía and Athénai (A)
- Alexandria and Alexandria II (A)
- Babylon and Ninüe (A)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.