Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Bloodlock, a taxing Industrial Genomics deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
So, I took an Industrial Genomics deck to a tournament for fun and, to me surprise, it's brutally effective. I flatlined five guys because they didn't have any more cards left and I won two other games by a big margin despite playing against some kickass opponents.

Here's the list in case you want to try it out:
http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/17830/bloodlock-an-unexpe...

Bloodlock: An unexpected monster v0.99

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (9)
2x Fetal AI
1x Hades Fragment
3x NAPD Contract
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (20)
2x Hostile Infrastructure
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Melange Mining Corp.
3x PAD Campaign
1x Shi.Kyū
3x Shock!
3x Snare!
3x Sundew

Upgrade (9)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
2x Caprice Nisei
3x Hokusai Grid
2x Red Herrings ••••

Operation (6)
3x Hedge Fund
3x Interns

Barrier (2)
2x Ashigaru

Code Gate (2)
2x Lotus Field

Sentry (6)
3x Komainu
3x Tsurugi

11 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

54 cards to have 5 more turns before you deck yourself out and influence to spare because I can't think of any good uses for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - interesting deck! I'd be paranoid about Parasites but it sounds like you didn't have much trouble with them (didn't even need Cyberdex Suite).

My build looks completely different - seems Industrial Genomics is a very flexible identity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
fateswanderer wrote:
Wow - interesting deck! I'd be paranoid about Parasites but it sounds like you didn't have much trouble with them (didn't even need Cyberdex Suite).
It really is weird because normally Komainu and Tsurugi get killed all the time but here they stick around. I think it's the fact that killing a piece of ICE doesn't actually "open" a server so denial is not a good tactic.

Also, if you force them to take a lot of damage a lot of their Parasites and Deja Vus will go away so

Quote:
My build looks completely different - seems Industrial Genomics is a very flexible identity.
It's a very weird identity, I don't even want to think what you can do with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this (edit: This ID, not deck) in the finals of our SC a couple weeks ago as Leela and I would have killed for an Imp. Other than that there wasn't much else to do but be a typically careful vs Jinteki runner and pray you're fast enough.

Edit:

I'd also add that the build I played against used the Root, that when rezzed a few turns in (once a shutdown had made trashing difficult) really turned the math of how many credits I thought they needed on its ear. I thought it was a nice addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amphi Prison
msg tools
mbmbmb
This deck is very interesting! I've played it a bit and I have two big questions:

What to trash? On the netrunnerdb site you mention trashing economy cards and agendas, but you also mention not popping your Jackson too early...

Where do you find Hokusai Grid does the most work? I've been putting it on centrals, but I could be wrong there...

Other than that, seems well-built! The only problems I have are with Leela and Emergency Shutdown, but who doesn't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls