Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell D
United Kingdom
Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies I don't own this game so don't have the rules to hand to quote precisely.

Final scores at a game yesterday:

Russell 6 squares, 7 triangles, 4 circles
David 7 squares, 3 triangles, 5 circles
Sue 3 squares, 4 triangles, 5 circles

So who won? Sue did not dominate any shapes, so she is eliminated and "out of consideration" (or some similar phrase). Does this mean David now dominates the circles, and he wins because he has dominated two shapes? Or does he still only dominated one shapes, so on the tie-break I win (my 6 squares + 4 circles beats his 3 triangles + 5 circles)? It all depends on the interpretation of "out of consideration."

Any help much appreciated-- rather frustrating to finish the game and not be sure who won!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That she is out of consideration for winning does not mean her collected items are out of consideration as well. Her 5 circles make it a tie with David who, as a result, has only 1 majority just like Russell. And yes, Russell (you) has an advantage in the tie breaker (6+4 vs 3+5) so Russell wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for the card game, but I'd be very surprised if the scoring was different than the board game in this respect, which is what my answer is based on...

Russel wins. No one had more than 1 of "the most". Even though Sue can't win, she was tied with David for the most circles, so neither of them get credit for the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell D
United Kingdom
Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelgabriel wrote:
Apologies I don't own this game so don't have the rules to hand to quote precisely.

Final scores at a game yesterday:

Russell 6 squares, 7 triangles, 4 circles
David 7 squares, 3 triangles, 5 circles
Sue 3 squares, 4 triangles, 5 circles

I'm going with Russell as the winner as well.

the procedure I use for this game and Samurai (the bg) is:

-Find out who has pluralities
Russell has 1 plurality, in triangles
David has 1 plurality, in squares
David and Sue each have the most circles, tied at 5 each. Ties go to no1, so this plurality is claimed by no one.

1) Does someone have 2 or 3 pluralities?
if Yes, that player wins
if no, then take all of the players who have 0 pluralities. They are no longer in contention for winning.
No one has 2 or 3.
Sue has 0, so she's out.

All other players have 1.
David and Russell each have 1 plurality, so they're both still in the running.

2) who has the most "other figures" amongst those still in?
-find out who has the most "other figures"
Russell's plurality was in triangles.
His "other figures" # is 10 (6 squares + 4 circles)

David's plurality was in squares.
His "other figures" # is 8 (3 triangles + 5 circles)

10 vs. 8, Russell wins

3) if need be, the next tie breaker is total number of figures amongst those still in contention

4) if this is still a tie, then it truly is a tie. In traditional eurogame fashion, tied players hold hands, skip down the sidewalk together, and rejoice in their shared victory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.