Subject: Simple storage solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty happy with this simple and inexpensive storage solution:

Two core sets, one of each card, plus enough dice to max out any two cards for each character. Plano 2-3700 for the dice, Plano/Jammers 5303 card storage case for the cards. I can even fit two custom cloth draw bags.

Note that I used more dividers than came with the 2-3700, but Plano will send more to you for free if you use the online Contact Us form. In my case I had bought a 4-pack and borrowed from other ones, but I did order some so that the others are useful again.

Also note that there are a lot of "Plano 3700"s out there, I think the 2- in front is key. At the very least you should be able to look at pictures to get an idea on how many compartments you can build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camille Johnson
United States
Simms
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that all of the different characters get their own compartments. Do you find it easy to lift the dice out of there? I tried using an old plano-style box I had around, but the dice were so snug that it was difficult to remove them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
creek_turtle207 wrote:
I really like that all of the different characters get their own compartments. Do you find it easy to lift the dice out of there? I tried using an old plano-style box I had around, but the dice were so snug that it was difficult to remove them.

I've been using the same plano box:

The dice are really easy to get out, the corners at the bottom are rounded off, so the dice don't get "stuck" in the corners but slide out easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camille Johnson
United States
Simms
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that is good to know. I think I'll get one of these and try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
creek_turtle207 wrote:
Thanks, that is good to know. I think I'll get one of these and try it out.

watch out though! There seem to be two different models of the Plano 2-3700 available. I ordered 1 set of 4 on amazon and received the boxes shown above, then ordered another set through a different seller and received slightly different boxes (that didn't have as many compartments!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007N5ZULO?psc=1&redirect=t...
this was the one i got that was identical to the one in the pictures above (at least that is what i believe).
The boxes don't actually come with enough dividers though, but if you send plano customer service an email they will sen dyou some extra free of charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camille Johnson
United States
Simms
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How strange that they didn't quite match! Thanks for the link to the correct boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.