8 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters: Battle for Faerûn» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Casual lists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
United States
flag msg tools
So I got the game and the packs. I know I just don't have the time to go to play nights and tournaments. I imagine myself just pulling out the game every once in a while for a normal game night.

That said, I know list building is a big deal but I would also imagine that can take some time.

I would like to start a thread of good lists I can just have premade for two people to have fun with. I think I would just print them out and put them with the game so I can easily sort for a given match.

Please post your lists here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaiting my dice due this week and I plan to throw together a few lists based on gimmicks. Here's one I thought could be fun for trying to ramp out some big dudes.

Also while it's not updated yet (23/03/15) keep your eye on http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-builder/v1/ for updating to include DnD cards and provide a full colour reference sheet for teams you can print off.

When you wish upon a.....

Basic Actions
Resurrection
Polymorph

3 x Elf Mage Lesser Harper (helps for lowering action costs and returning them to keep chaining wish)
4 x Apprentice Blue Dragon (cheap dragon, with action shennanigans)
2 x Half Dragon Lesser Humanoid (buffs dragons helps pump out blues)
2 x Sealed Wish Lesser Spell (what you are trying to abuse)
2 x Lesser Red Dragon (global plus wish target)
1 x Purple Worm Greater Beast (wish target)
4 x Greater Zombie (cheap dice and blockers)
2 x Beholder Master Aberration (because I have a dream to cast wish in to reurrection and if that fails polymorph )

I originally had Magic Missile as I have loads of bolts in here but I will be trying out Polymorph to see if I can pull shenanigans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My product has arrived so much easier to look through cards and attempt a few builds. I'm going to try and post a few more up over the week.

Random Acts of Lightning

Magic Missile
Charm or Resurrection

3 x Manticore Paragon Beast (This is what we are intending to push for)
4 x Pitfiend Lesser Fiend (gets more bolt dice in to the bag quickly)
2 x Drow Assassin Lesser Humanoid (Cheap bolts)
3 x Elf Wizard Paragon Zhentarim Cheap Bolts can, good chance to level and shenanigans if your opponent starts buying magic missiles)
2 x Frost Giant Greater Elemental (Alternate win condition and control)
2 x Prismatic Spray Lesser Spell(Sorts out all annoying equipment and defensive abilities)
2 x Magic Helmet Paragon Gear (alternate win con)
2 x Invisible Stalker Greater Elemental (dragon control)

The purpose of this deck is to push the rare manticore and bolt your opponent to death. It is a mid range deck where you want to keep control of the field.

In an ideal world you will buy lesser fiend turn one or two so that when you field him you can buy more on the cheap. These bolts will let you play acquire and play manticore and then zap your opponent to your hearts content. If it isn't working you can switch gears to an aggro strategy where zaps soften up the opponents team and the helm prevents him from fighting back effectively. The shield characters are there to give you some protection and control options while spray is there to deal with defensive abilities if they are getting too much.

There are a few rares in here. Unfortunately the manticore is a must. The elf wizard can be replaced with any other and you could change out the helmet for the common but if you do I would change Frost Giant to Lesser Red Dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tale of the Stirge and the Domesticated Owlbear

Cone of Cold
Blessing

3 x Orc Lesser Humanoid (cheap fists and can hold a sword)
4 x Stirge Greater Beast (mostly unblockable)
2 x Owlbear Paragon Beast (removes mostly from the comment above)
4 x Troll Apprentice or Master Humanoid (cheap for fighting or more expensive for damage bonus)
2 x Purple Worm Lesser Beast (alternate win condition)
2 x Magic Sword Paragon Gear (turns your orcs and trolls in to problems)
2 x Paladin Human Paladin Lesser Emerald Enclave (magic missile defense)
1 x Invisible Stalker Lesser Elemental (the last resort if all else fails)

Lots of fists here. and the idea is fairly simple. Get Stirge. If your opponent reaches for the adventurers go for the Owlbear. I've chosen the rare as he doesn't care unlike the common if the adventurers get bigger as his job is to remove the only possible Stirge blockers from the equation. If you are getting ahead get the Blessing.

The Trolls and Purple Worms are plan B if you end up in a slug fest and the trolls can hold swords making them terrifying blockers or decent mid range beaters while the worm's overwhelm can get you over the edge.

The Paladin is there to protect your Stirges from Magic Missiles global and the Invisible stalker gives you a hail Mary for the last few points of damage.

Also remember Cone of Colds global. All your little guys can be very bad blocks and you have plenty of fists to pay for them. If you don't have the rares the rare Owlbear can be replaced with the common while the Sword will be fine as the uncommon.

--------

Orignally this started life as a swarm deck but you really want the epic Stirge to go in along side Kobolds and the common Wererat. If you have these trade out for the trolls, Owlbear and also change the orcs to their uncommon swarm variant not sure if the rare or uncommon sword would be better for that team. You should now have a swarm themed deck with potential to draw tons of dice overload your opponent for the win. That version may want to drop cone of cold for Resurrection as cone is very good against you despite the passive being great for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carry a big stick

Polymorph
Stinking Cloud

Equipment

2 x Magic Helmet Lesser Gear (aggressive helm option)
3 x Magic Sword Greater Gear (works best with agressive helm and vampires)
3 x Half-Orc Fighter Paragon Zhentarim (can get big and is scary)
2 x Drow Assassin Lesser Humanoid (cheap offensive carrier)
3 x Vampire Apprentice Undead (defensive carrier and cycles)
3 x Minotaur Greater Humanoid (the decks primary finisher just add equipment)
2 x Green Dragon Apprentice Dragon (solution for swarm decks)
2 x Halfling Thief Minion Harper (cheap die that also replaces that helps cycle your bag)

All your characters except one can hold equipment. This is an aggressive to mid range deck that uses blocker control and high power from the buffs to keep your opponent under pressure.

The equipment choices are the most aggressive ones. The helm will make your big hitter harder to stop and soak up blockers for others to get in and restrict how much chump blocking your opponent has. The sword makes everything in team a good sized hitter likely to trade up. You probably want one of each out as soon as you have a few characters to wield them.

The Paragon Half-Orc was chosen to get around having to wait a turn and let your opponent prep. He can go in straight way with equipment and no delay. You would like him early if you see your opponent fielding cheap monsters to hopefully sneak a couple of levels. The othe two Half-Orcs are also very good. The common is naturally beefier and the uncommon lets you build your armoury more quickly. If you go with the uncommon I would reduce the number of dice in your team though and a dd one to the Drow.

The Halfling is your cheap dice that also helps you get through your bag as you field her and the Drow Assassin is a good cheap aggresive three that holds the equipment well.

The Vampires suffer from not having a decent power initially so your opponent will often not block them and take one or two damage. A sword changes that equation. Now it's three or four damage but blocking isn't much fun either as it helps you cycle your bag and regain life.

I love the Minotaur for aggressive finishers and will be often including them in fist decks. They are awesome finishers. I think any of them could take the slot and in fact maybe the common would be best. Minotaurs are a beat with equipment especially the helm.

Greend Dragon gives you a tool to sort out swarm decks if you need it as their breath weapon two will clear out the cheaper huys.

Stinking Cloud doesn't hurt you as much as it can hurt your Oppoenent if they have lots of one toughness die and with Polymorph you can control dice so your equipped characters have the levels to ignore it's secondary effect. Polymorph helps enable that control more so and keep your main attacker at top performance. Alternatively you could choose Dimension Door as an alternate finisher but it might be a bit riskier against bolt high power decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Rawlings
msg tools
mb
Resurrection
Teamwork

2x Magic Helmet lesser
4x Vampire minion
2x Drow Assassin lesser
2x Mummy lesser
4x Skeleton lesser
2x Half-Orc Fighter paragon
2x Pit Fiend paragon
2x Wererat greater

EDIT: This is no where near fast enough. I'll play/work on it this weekend because I want to keep with the Wererat/3cost evil idea, but it's currently unplayable.

EDIT: focus on vampires, mummies, wererats...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SarkhanMad wrote:
Resurrection
Teamwork

2x Magic Helmet lesser
4x Vampire minion
2x Drow Assassin lesser
2x Mummy lesser
4x Skeleton lesser
2x Half-Orc Fighter paragon
2x Pit Fiend paragon
2x Wererat greater

EDIT: This is no where near fast enough. I'll play/work on it this weekend because I want to keep with the Wererat/3cost evil idea, but it's currently unplayable.

EDIT: focus on vampires, mummies, wererats...

I'd maybe try kobolds some where there instead of the vampires. Go for the rare mummy as I think adventurers could cause grief and possibly find space for the uncommon sword which makes each your guys quite threatening. I Quite like the carrion crawler in here somewhere for his global so your opponent can't just use side kicks to hold you back. Finding space is the issue though. I like the ideas here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Rawlings
msg tools
mb
OK. This is not supposed to win. Just be annoying. It's all about denial... I will not attack my opponent.

Distraction
Polymorph

4x Storm Ro
3x Loki Gem keeper
1x Carrion Crawler lesser
2x Dwarf Cleric lesser
2x Limited Wish greater
3x Mind Flayer greater
3x Umber Hulk paragon
2x Zombie lesser

Any advice to make it more annoying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.