7 Posts

Panamax» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initiating a new ship with generic cargo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you initiate a new ship with a generic cargo card? if so, do you then place it in any flags water region that you want?

thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
b4retina wrote:
Can you initiate a new ship with a generic cargo card? if so, do you then place it in any flags water region that you want?

thanks.

Yes. Yes. But...

On any of your turns you can buy a ship (spend company money) and place that ship in a loading zone of your choice. The loading zone does not have to match existing contracts. You do not have to load cargo on newly bought ships. You can even buy ships on turns you select a movement die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
b4retina wrote:

thanks.

You can. If it's a brand new ship (i.e., your company just bought it), then yes, any region you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool. thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
but you do have to choose at least one national loading area to put the ship in to load? And once that ship is loaded even with a generic loaded die, that ship will stay under that flag until it reaches its destination?

I am aking that as a question to clarify, one cannot load a ship with a generic load die and leave the ship in a waiting area until you decide to load it with flagged contract load die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bogusgig wrote:
but you do have to choose at least one national loading area to put the ship in to load? And once that ship is loaded even with a generic loaded die, that ship will stay under that flag until it reaches its destination?

I am aking that as a question to clarify, one cannot load a ship with a generic load die and leave the ship in a waiting area until you decide to load it with flagged contract load die?

The ship is placed in a loading zone, not a waiting area.

I don't know what you mean when you say "the ship will stay under that flag until it reaches its destination". The ship stays in the chosen loading zone until it enters the canal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the ship is in a paticular loading zone, each loading zone has its own flag. The contract containers cards flag side will be loaded into those ships depending on the ships avaialble in the loading zone.

So I guess I should have said, the ship will stay in the loading zone flag until it sails into the first lock of the canal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.