Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Working on a Haas Bioroid vs Criminal duel deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clinton Munn
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

For a few months now a friend and i have been playing Netrunner, and loving it! However, since my friend doesn't own the game, i create the decks that we play with. For a while now i've wanted to consult with the community and see if the decks that i have created are solid and somewhat evenly matched. He always plays runner and i always play corp.

So far, after some tweaking, the games seem more evenly matched (he usually wins).. However its been an uphill battle for me since the runner deck i made for him has everything he needs for every situation. He also plays VERY aggressively which makes it hard for me prioritize my where i put out my ice.

Please let me know what you think of these 2 decks. I am looking for feedback

It should also be noted that i have 1 base set, the entire first cycle (Genesis) as well as the first Deluxe expansion.

Corp: Hass-Bioroid (MegaCorp)

Ice:
3 x Viper
2 x Hemidall
3 x Wall of static
3 x Eli 1.0

2 x Tollbooth
2 x Pop up Window
2 x Viktor 1.0

2 x RotoTurret
3 x Ichi 1.0

Assets:
3 x Eve Campaign
3 x Pad Campaign
1 x Aggressive Secretary

Operations:
3 x Hedge Fund
2 x Beanstalk Royalties
2 x Biotic Labor
2 x Green Level Clearance

Upgrade:
2 x Ash 2X3ZB9CY

Agendas:
3 x Project Vitruvius
3 x Accelerated Beta Test
3 x Priority Requisition

Runner: Gabriel Santiago

Programs:
1 x Femme Fatale
1 x Faerie
1 x Ninja
2 x Sneakdoor beta
2 x Gordian Blade
2 x Corroder
3 x Crypsis

Hardware:
1 x Desperado
2 x Plascrete Carapace
2 x Doppelganger

Resources:
3 x Armitage Codebusting
2 x BankJob

Event:
2 x Special Order
3 x Infiltration
3 x Inside Job
3 x Forged Activation Orders
3 x Easy Mark
2 x Account Siphon
3 x Sure Gamble
3 x Emergency Shutdown
2 x Moded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron heuvel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Im finding the trick of light a very questionable Splash.
Since the only advancable card in your corp deck is the cereberal overwriter.
I think it wil be a dead card for 90% of the time.

Maybe just replace it with biotic laborer if u want to fast advance something ?

And switch sides now and then, makes things intresting.
And especially if your playing the same player often, swap out some cards every game. It wil keep the runner guessing, which is half the battle won

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm in a similar situation when it comes to friends playing with my cards, and I'm also in the process of refining some duel decks of my own. They aren't ready for primetime, but it's nice to see what you've been working on and I'll offer what advice I can based on my experience.

My major recommendation is to either commit to having meat damage be a part of the matchup or cut the current meat damage cards in favour of something that will work better with the rest of the deck. At the moment, the Corp has three Private Security Force Agendas with no means of tagging the runner unless Gabe decides to hold on the tags from Account Siphon. On the runner side, Plascrete Carapace is serious overkill to just deal with PSF. Plascrete is a very strong card that almost completely negates meat damage play, and in a normal play setting this is balanced by it being a dead card in most matchups. Including it in a duel deck where meat damage is guaranteed removes this downside, and really neuters any meat damage included on the Corp side.

If you want to commit to meat damage, add in some ways for the corp to tag the runner (SEA Source, Data Raven or Ghost Branch all work). Find room to put a Scorched Earth in, (it looks like you have plenty of influence to use for it, at least). Meat damage tends to be somewhat toothless without a brutal finishing move, so a one-of Scorched Earth dials up the tension on every other means of damage in the deck and it's a nice flashy finish when it works. I'd remove one of the Private Security Forces as three is overkill from an Agenda that has an effect that doesn't stack. Replace it with a Mandatory Upgrades. It's is tough to score, but it's the best combo card for Private Security Force in the entire game, and works on its own as well. On the runner side, remove the Plascrete Carapaces in favour of Muresh Bodysuits. As a cheaper and non-expendable alternative to Plascrete, it's in many ways to superior counter to Private Security Force, while at the same time not utterly locking out meat damage plays by the corp. It keeps the runner safe while still allowing things to stay interesting.

The other option is to just cut out the meat damage cards entirely. Replace the Plascrete Carapaces with anything else, and the Private Security Forces with Project Vitruvius, an easier to score agenda with a more generally useful ability. I'd also remove the Cereberal Overwriters, as brain damage is a lot less powerful when it can't be followed up with other damage for a flatline. Aggressive Secretary would be a better ambush for a deck that isn't going for the kill.

If you want to take a look at a different style of Gabe versus HB duel deck, take a look at the old Netrunner Teaching Deck Project. The second set there is a Criminal/HB duel with a heavy focus on the tracing mechanics, and as it's fairly old it only uses cards you already have.

Best of Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Munn
msg tools
mbmbmb
That was great feedback guys, i really appreciate both your replies.

I actually had to make some serious changes to the Corp deck after realizing i had too many cards in the deck for my 21 agenda point total. So i had to drop a few cards..

I modified my original post with the updated setup. I took everyone's advice and replaced private security force with Project Vitruvius and dropped cards relating to brain damage or shifting advancement tokens. In the end i basically added in 1 aggressive secretary, 2 green level clearance (not sure about this because my deck is running into economy overkill territory) and 2 Biotic Labor cards. However i feel that i should perhaps add another Ash2X and remove one Green Level Clearance..

I basically eliminated the little "dashes" of a specific mechanic that wouldn't complement the other cards in the deck. You guys feel that the deck is ready for another test run ? or should i make further changes ?

As for the runner deck, i'll work on that after i finally decide the corp deck cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amphi Prison
msg tools
mbmbmb
I wonder: For a two-person meta like this, would the most satisfying method be a series of matches where the lower gets to replace a card or two in their deck? This would allow for evolution of both decks over time, as well as a built-in balancing mechanism...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Munn
msg tools
mbmbmb
I actually really like this idea! Basically a sideboard for the runner/corp.. However i see it getting complicated mainly if you allow cards from other factions (taking influence into consideration). Plus it would have to be cards that globally work with the decks mechanic.

But yea, i totally agree this would make a "duel deck" run better and be less predictable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls