Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eyal Itsik
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey people.

How do you think PH will expand the game? More equipment cards? More hunters? More agents? Or will adding any of these be make things too hard to remember and take into account while playing, and they'll stick to promos like they did with Bioshock?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Failor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RatherDashingIL wrote:
Hey people.

How do you think PH will expand the game? More equipment cards? More hunters? More agents? Or will adding any of these be make things too hard to remember and take into account while playing, and they'll stick to promos like they did with Bioshock?

Not having played the game yet, my opinion after watching some videos and reading about it is that it looks to be very expandable. Certainly with new agents, hunters, and equipment, but also with boards, scenarios, and rule variants. It's got such a simple base rule set, I think it could be added upon without bogging it down too much. I'm sure hoping it does well enough to see some expansions, it looks like a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the promo cards even mentions that you can pick A vehicle within a certain number of spaces, suggesting that there could even be different vehicles in expansions, which is pretty neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan King
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would bet on an expansion if it sells remotely well - the designer just mentioned one hypothetically on here earlier today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game hasn't even arrived on our doorsteps and we are talking expansions!? laugh

I think adding new maps might be cool. It works quite successfully in Power Grid, why not for Specter Ops?

New equipment, vehicles, agents, and hunters all sounds good too, but perhaps some new and creative approaches to destroying/capturing objectives. Maybe an assassination module or something of the sort?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
One of the promo cards even mentions that you can pick A vehicle within a certain number of spaces, suggesting that there could even be different vehicles in expansions, which is pretty neat.

I'm very impressed you caught on to that subtle hint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like an alternate board or two, Flash Point style, would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
BuckWilde wrote:

I'm very impressed you caught on to that subtle hint

I vote for minibikes. I want to see the Beast on a little crotch rocket zooming around the warehouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minibike style vehicle makes sense as an alternative vehicle as it could weave through narrow areas, but hold only one passenger (or maybe up to 2?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd enjoy a Halo style Warthog. Sacrifice the motion detector for some spray and pray mini gun action! Infinity developed a unique mechanic in their table top game for cover fire which just might work in Specter Ops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan King
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If we're fantasizing about stuff, I can imagine large cardboard tiles (with matching coordinates) that you overlay onto the map with new features - a block of security lasers the Agent has to deactivate to move through, but they can slip in if they go through the turn after a Hunter does. Maybe some sort of security drone that alerts the Hunter if the Agent passes through an adjacent square?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eyal Itsik
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before reading some of the ideas here I thought my hype level couldn't get any higher cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RatherDashingIL wrote:
Before reading some of the ideas here I thought my hype level couldn't get any higher cry

This ^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd think maps would be an obvious add-on. Perhaps a Raxxon agent trying to get into the A.R.K. facility to steal secrets... Plus Raxxon and A.R.K. aren't likely the only factions out there. More vehicles, more characters, more maps... lots of expansion potential... of course I'd be happy if it just got off the boat and into my hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy today but can already see where they could expand: new characters (maybe even a 'booster pack' idea of buying one character and a few cards), and new maps.

The fact the game's subtitle is 'Shadow of Babel', could mean there's 'Specter Ops: [insert new subtitle here]' coming.

Also, I noticed the movement sheet is called 'SO01', as if there'll be a 'SO02' at some stage..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rick t
msg tools
mbmb
Zip lines and helicopters would be AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Plumlee
United States
anna
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
More ideas for expansion:

a battle mech with mini gun that the hunters can utilize and the puppet can control remotely.

Zip line to get from building to building.

A couple of super hunters, to counter the really skilled agent.

Or a super agent for the really skilled hunters.

Multi level board, agent can use underground sewer system, or be on top of the building (not sure how that would work.

This is an awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
plumbob72 wrote:
Multi level board, agent can use underground sewer system, or be on top of the building (not sure how that would work.

This. This is amazing. I'm picturing a literal multi level board where you can go between. Amazing!

||________||___
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
______|| ||
|| ||
|| _____||____
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
______||________||________

Something like that : )

Any thoughts Emerson?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rick t
msg tools
mbmb
Maybe a motorcycle so as to not be confined to the road.

An equipment car that throws down caltrops to slow the vehicle down for 1 turn.

I like the idea of multi levels. A lot can be done with those. I'm curious as to what ideas the creator has :0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
plumbob72 wrote:

This. This is amazing. I'm picturing a literal multi level board where you can go between. Amazing!

||________||___
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
______|| ||
|| ||
|| _____||____
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
______||________||________

Something like that : )

Any thoughts Emerson?

And elevators!! .. I'm getting childhood flashbacks...

I have overpass and underground passages in mind as well. Great ideas!

lunatik4444 wrote:
Maybe a motorcycle so as to not be confined to the road.

An equipment car that throws down caltrops to slow the vehicle down for 1 turn.

I like the idea of multi levels. A lot can be done with those. I'm curious as to what ideas the creator has :0

Also some great ideas. I did show the Plaid Hat folks some vehicle concepts, and one was a one-man vehicle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wishlist:

1. New board, maybe even double sided with two options and perhaps custom rules for the boards.

2. New vehicles. One man sounds interesting. Also a vehicle with a mounted weapon that can be manned would be awesome.

3. A teleporting hunter, maybe someone who can jump 1D6 spaces (including through terrain) but if you roll a 1 you are stunned. Maybe you can keep jumping if you'd like.

4. A campaign of 3-linked scenarios with special rules in each utilizing the multiple boards. If you lose an Agent then there'd be rules to replace him on the next mission and whether you win or lose or maybe even what objectives you accomplish influences the next mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Epic Aesthetic
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
I'd quite like to see more complexity/variation added to the gameplay rather than new characters/maps (although I'd like those too).

Perhaps a mode where the hunters start further away but the agents have other obstacles to navigate. Someone mentioned security cameras/sensors, you could also have guards that act like much weaker hunters. To balance these out you could add more equipment cards and/or other ways for the agent to move about the map.

I'd also like to see some more variation in the objectives. Perhaps some sort of console that the agent has to hold for so many turns? And maybe some more things that the agent player can mark his pad with.. like proximity mines or decoys.

I just finished painting my set so I'm all excited..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:

And elevators!! .. I'm getting childhood flashbacks...

OT, but god I loved Elevator Action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Berfner
Sweden
BorĂ¥s
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope for extended and more deductive traitor abilities / rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Weiler
Canada
flag msg tools
In addition to more hunters, agents, and equipment, I'd really like to see character cards that allow you to play hunters as agents and agents as hunters. That way you can mix and match the teams however you like. Obviously the abilities would need to be modified but could
remain thematically similar. And it gets more use out of the existing minis!

Otherwise an agent that could mess with/ use the vehicles would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.