5 Posts

The Farming Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tractor pieces and cows rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ozwald Jackson
msg tools
Hi everyone,
I just started playing, The Farming Game, and love it! However, we are still confused about some concepts.

1) why are there so many tractor pieces? There are 6 harvesters, presumably one for each player. So why are there 12 tractors? Are you supposed to have a tractor for each 10 acres you own?

2) I saw on Wikipedia that each farm has a limit of 20 cows. I have not seen this anywhere else. How do you guys play?

Thanks for your help!

Oz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
yes, each farm has a 20 cow limit.

As far the the tractors go.... i have no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozwald Jackson
msg tools
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
20 Cow limit (of sorts)

From the Objects of the Game section: "Each individual farm is capable of pasturing 20 head of cattle. If any player wishes to run more than 20 cows, he can try to lease one of the range units in the hills."

also under the Option to Buy cards section: 'The only ownership limit in the game is that the "farm" in the valley will only handle 20 cows... If a player wants more cows, he must exercise an OPTION TO LEASE and purchase cows to go "out on range."'

--emphasis mine.

Tractors/Harvesters:

As far as your tractor/harvester problem, my copy of the game only has 6 tractors and 4 harvesters - Only ONE set of blue equipment vinyl stamps. You must have an extra set for some reason.

You do NOT automatically get equipment. You can play the game without ever purchasing a tractor/harvester. (There are three OTB cards per tractor or harvester.) The game assumes you are renting the tractor/harvester from the bank.

However, there are bills that come due in your operating expense deck that deal with tractors/harvesters. IF you own that piece of equipment, any money other people spend on it goes to YOU, not the bank. So, it's one of the ways to gain more income during the game. (There's also a nice Farmer's Fate card, if you own a harvester, that pays you $2K per farmer without one.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Westerlund
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I have the original long brown box version of the game.. and it came with 5 of each Tractor/Harvester.. implying that at least one player in a full game was going to be the odd man out.

It also only came with 2 lease OTB's for each of the ranges.. I see in the second printing they increased that number to 3 each.. probably to increase competition for them..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.