• [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I just want to know if the game itself is actually good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zane Clements
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great to get some real comments on the game play from those that have played the Spanish version
anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobo the Curious Dog wrote:
Update: as of 5/24/15, Peka Editorial is still waiting for approval from the Agatha Christie estate to ok the changes needed for the English version, "hopefully not too much longer."

So will this hit Kickstarter still, or just a regular release? Not sure if Estate licensing and whatnot affects that decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it will still be go through Kickstarter. According to Adrian Varela at Peka Editorial, the licensing rights to Agatha Christie's stories and characters are very expensive.

Strange. Aren't those books in public domain by now? Sort of like Sherlock Holmes and Lovecraft novels. Internet searches say that And Then There Were None is in public domain.

There should not be any licensing required for that novel.

I mean, really, unless I'm missing something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I think is in the public domain is the 1945 film.

If you go to agathachristie.com there's a link at the bottom of the page regarding license inquiries.

Well, you can pivot and use the film as the source material? There should not be too many differences and it would save huge amount of money from production.

It's not like the story itself matters. Just character names and the games own name is enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.