Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played glory to rome so i want to clarify some things
1. The first player never change?
2. Morning, choose task : is this done simultaneously (everyone put cards face down first) or by turn order?
3. Can the same assistant activate more than once per round, in case several players are choosing the same task?

And for the cards...

Cloak : "it" refers to Cloak card or the just completed work?

Coin : does unused space mean uncovered card?

Fountain : "gain one clerk for each". does it means one clerk action?

Go Set : suppose i have 3 non-stone works on my right and 2 stone works on my left, does it trigger end game?

Pillar : what if i have several types for my most sales?

Pin : "do not look at the drawn cards". what is this sentence for?

Puppet : so my opponent's hand goes to my pickup area, my hand goes to my opponent hand (not their pickup area), then i draw to five (possibly more), is this right?

Shuriken : if i have the most (or tied) i dont get anything, and work from left wing goes to my left (same for right). is this right?

Sketch : do i move the card from my assistant area to task area?

Straw : this card can be counted as cloth or clay when i smith, so this card actually works without being completed. is this right?

Sword : does it means monk relates to assistant and potter relates to workplace?

Turtle : the game ends immediately when i build my fifth material type?

Sorry for asking so many questions, and all that grammatical errors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player takes an individual turn, then completes it, then next player takes a turn, and completes it. No shared turns! Sorry if that was unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reload the PDF -- a lot of the wording got fixed on those cards in the last update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloak: It means the completed work.

Coin: Each card that could be covered. If you have a Metal work, and only 1 metal sale, that is two unused spaces = +2 points.

Fountain: Yes

Go Set: Yes

Pillar: You choose one type.

Pin: Fixed in new PDF -- it means put cards in pickup area

Puppet: Yes. Puppet is good!

Shuriken: You don't get anything. I don't understand the left/right question.

Sketch: Yes.

Straw: The effect is only active once Straw is built. Then you have a free cloth or clay forever!

Sword: Yes

Turtle: Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
veenickz wrote:
Sorry for asking so many questions, and all that grammatical errors

I forgive you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
veenickz wrote:
Shuriken : if i have the most (or tied) i dont get anything, and work from left wing goes to my left (same for right). is this right?

The work can be placed in either wing; it does not have to be on the same side from which it was taken. The same holds true when you turn in a completed work for a different one via Poem or Cloak -- you can see what the new work is, and then decide where to put it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

veenickz wrote:

Fountain : "gain one clerk for each". does it means one clerk action?

Fountain: Yes

Manual 0.81
"Card effects can be used multiple times in a turn, if applicable -- an effect that happens “before you Tailor” can be used before each Tailor effect in your turn."

FOUNTAIN:"Before you CLERK, you may reveal MONK cards from hand. Gain one CLERK for each."

So if I have X Clerks (Counting Task and assinstants and cover), Fountain and Y Monks in hand how many Clerks action I have?
A) up to X*(Y+1)
B) up to X+Y - incorect - above rule States that fountain trigger before each Clerk
C) up to Infinite(=54 * number of decks) - broken? - bad rules interpretation?

Also do “before you Tailor” effects trigger when Tailor is replaced with Craft?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
rafal100 wrote:
FOUNTAIN:"Before you CLERK, you may reveal MONK cards from hand. Gain one CLERK for each."

So if I have X Clerks (Counting Task and assinstants and cover), Fountain and Y Monks in hand how many Clerks action I have?
A) up to X*(Y+1)
B) up to X+Y - incorect - above rule States that fountain trigger before each Clerk

Should be A), but this is badly worded, thanks Rafal.

rafal100 wrote:

Also do “before you Tailor” effects trigger when Tailor is replaced with Craft?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cchudyk wrote:
rafal100 wrote:

A) up to X*(Y+1)

But the new wording (version 0.82)
"FOUNTAIN Before you CLERK, you may reveal MONK cards from hand. Each counts as a CLERK assistant this turn."
Seems to suggest that ability triggers once, when Clerk task begins and assistans are counted, so it would be probably
B) up to X+Y
And in new wording additional CLERKS also interact with cover

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
cchudyk wrote:
rafal100 wrote:

A) up to X*(Y+1)

But the new wording (version 0.82)
"FOUNTAIN Before you CLERK, you may reveal MONK cards from hand. Each counts as a CLERK assistant this turn."
Seems to suggest that ability triggers once, when Clerk task begins and assistans are counted, so it would be probably
B) up to X+Y
And in new wording additional CLERKS also interact with cover

Yes, we changed it to avoid confusion going forward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been having some troubles wrapping my head around Fountain, and raised issue in a new thread, but then a kind poster pointed me in the direction of this thread.

My concern is that the wording on Fountain should not gain you any extra actions, as gaining assistants mid turn is too late to effect the action count.

This is what I wrote:

FOUNTAIN currently states "Before you CLERK, you may reveal MONK cards from your hand. Each counts as a CLERK assistant this turn."

Imagine a situation where you have FOUNTAIN as a completed work, you have chosen a Clerk task, you have a single Clerk assistant, and you have 2 MONK cards in your hand.

The rules state "Before you do a task, count the number of matching assistants you have". So at this point I check and find I have 1 assistant and therefore am entitled to do 2 Clerk actions (which could be any combination of CLERK, Craft with paper, and Pray)

If for my first action I decide to CLERK, then the card text kicks in. I show my 2 MONK cards from my hand, who then count as CLERK assistants.

But it is now too late for them to have any effect - we have already counted the number of assistants to determine the number of actions. Gaining assistants now, has no effect, just like if you MONKED to recruit a MONK you don't suddenly gain an extra MONK action mid-turn (see this thread)) Gaining CLERK assistants mid-turn should surely have no more effect than gaining MONK assistants mid-turn.

I then wondered whether the card was supposed to imply that it was as if you'd had them right from the start of your turn (at the action counting point), but that would then be odd because at that point you hadn't determined that you would actually CLERK. After counting your 2 CLERK actions, you could have decided to just Pray twice, in which case the card wouldn't trigger (as I understand it).

It would be all simpler if the FOUNTAIN stated "Before a CLERK task, you may reveal..." as that would take us to the point where we're still able to count actions. My understanding of the current rules is that "Before a task" triggers at the point when we're counting actions, before doing any or determining which actions you're doing. Where as Before you CLERK, kicks in after determining the number of actions.

If FOUNTAIN's wording was changed to "Before a CLERK task...", then per the example I gave above you would be able to reveal your 2 monks and one clerk assistant to give you a grand total of 4 potential CLERK actions which could be any combination of CLERK, craft and pray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.