Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I combed my local area for assorted ziplocks (3x5, 4x6, 5x8, etc) like those that come with the best quality games. The best I could find were of one size, and only B quality. Boulder Games has some listed, but no pictures or any specs. Where do you get yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michaels craft stores have high quality bags in various sizes. They aren't listed on their website however. I'm not sure where in Maine you live, but there is one in Augusta and one in Scarborough.

Good Luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lisa smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at large craft stores, bead stores, and office supply stores (not the big box chain ones but good independent ones).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get mine on eBay. There are quite a few eBay stores that specialize in quality zip lock bags, with a huge assortment of sizes and shapes. The prices are great, and you can order in meaningful quantities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Huddleston
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a hard time finding them. My wife bought some nice medium sized bags that works for most conditions (6x4 inches) at a pharmacy for cheap (it wasn't an item listed for sale but they buy tons of them for packaging purposes). If I want them smaller, I use our Foodsaver bag sealer to shorten them (the device uses a heating bar to melt a new seal). I have so many I probably won't ever have to buy any more bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went from rubber bands to those zip lock bags and then eventually now everything is plastic containers. I get all my plastic containers at dollar store. 4 for a buck and 3 different sizes.

Here's Maharaja: The Game of Palace Building in India I just sorted with plastic containers. Only container not shown is the rectangular one. The square ones don't hold 45 ticket to ride trains but the rectangular ones do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
The best place to get them is at uline (http://www.uline.com). The catch is that you have to order a case (1000 bags) at a time. They have all sizes in 1" increments (both directions) and both 2 and 4 mil thicknesses (you want the 4 mil, it's much better than what you can get at a craft store).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
The small ziplock bags are used a great deal in the jewelry making hobby. Any craft store will have them as jewelry making is a bigtime craft hobby. Michaels, Hobby Lobby or even as someone said at a Wal-Mart will definately have them in their craft section. I think they're something like 250 for $4. They're dirt cheap so don't try and get them online. You'll end up paying as much for shipping as you will for the bags.

You may not have a Hobby Lobby or Michaels in your area. Actually I know Hobby Lobby isn't in that part of the country but I'm pretty sure Michaels is. If neither is close to you there will at least be some sort of crafts store around. If they're a crafts store of any decent size then 99% chance they'll have the bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
We use them at work, so I get mine free. We have dozens of boxes full of them. The odd hundred or two ziplocks never go astray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.veripack.com/

search for 4 mil resealable poly bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goewert
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a ton at my local office supply megastore (Office Depot/Office Max).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For buyers in the UK, I heartily recommend http://www.gripseal.co.uk/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that the thicker bags are not always the best choice. Thick bags are much hard to fold into tight spaces and the bags with heavy zippers are near impossible to fit into some spaces in box inserts.

I use three types: the large and small ziploc bags from Michael's, and cheap store-brand sandwich ziploc bags. It's not like these bags need to be super-secure or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve
United States
SE
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being in the plastics industry I have literally thousands in stock - I've donated a bunch to the local FLGS to give out to those who need them. If anyone local to me wants to stop by, they too can have some freebies..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Michael's has 200 bags for $2.50 (when on sale which is pretty much always as near as I can tell) in two sizes -- 2x3 (quite small) and 3x4. Plenty tough.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone in the U.K. wants a hundred sending I'll do so for 20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[temporary thread hijack, sorry!]

Does anyone know if craft stores like Michaels also carry cloth bags? A friend gave me a few Crown Royal bags which work well for tiles, but I'd like to get a few more bags similar in size to those. Thanks!

[end hijack]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found bags at Michael's, but they're the thin white cheesecloth type sacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose because threads like this exist that banks in countries other than Australia don't do this, but in Australia you can walk into a bank and ask for some "coin bags". If you ask for "thirty or so" I have found you usually get given a packet of fifty for free.

The sealed part of the coin bag is 11.2 * 10.0 cm (4 3/8 * 3 7/8 inches). Perfect for most game components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Try your local yellow pages and call around. Look for packaging/shipping stores. Where I live there are several locally owned stores like this that carry various sizes of small and large ziplocs for sale by the 100 bag package at a very good price. Some also carry small cardboard and plastic boxes intended for small gifts/jewelry that work for keeping meeple type bits, too.

Many beading stores also carry small baggies, too. Those are almost all locally owned and you'd just have to call to see what they have.

There also is a local chain of plastics stores here in San Jose. They sell everything from fiberglass to mend boats to small boxes and ziplocs as well.

I personally don't like the cheesy, poor quality ones you can get at Michael's. I seem to need to replace them because they tear nearly every time I get out a game that has them in it.

If you have the national chain "The Container Store" near you they also carry very thick, nice quality small ziplocks. They are too expensive, though. I have bought them for convenience.

I guess I am mostly just an advocate for the Friendly Local store where you are. Game stores are not the only locally owned stores that need all of us to patronize them...

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.