Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day guys,

Most of our backers should have now, or will very soon be receiving their games of Dawn - Rise of the Occulites.

Like Darwin did in the Rise of the Occulites backstory, I'm really keen to discover all the regional colour variations for each Occulite and Luftle Tribe.

My suggestion is that people add photos of their chosen colour scheme to this thread so we can track all the different ones. It would be awesome if you could also post your inspiration for the colour scheme and anything else you wanted to include.

Hopefully this thread will not only become a bit of a 'Scientific study of regional Occulite colourations', but will serve as inspiration for others wanting to paint their figures too!

Cheers,
Ben (the designer) goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Occulite Tribe
Palaudis

Colour Scheme
Light/Bright Green
In some of the more densely vegetated swamplands of Crepusculum, often close to jungles, the plantlife is a more vibrant green. This particular tribe was clearly native to the area, with their skin colouration blending in seemlessly to their surroundings.

Inspiration
Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog - Litoria fallax / Kermit the Frog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Occulite Tribe
Ignis

Colour Scheme
Purple body, grey skin.
It is thought that this particular Tribe of Ignis Occulites hail from a geode and crystal rich area close the Lava Flats where Darwin has witnessed most of the Ignis activity. This area has seen many sideways shifts in Crepusculum's crust, thus forming many pockets of Amethyst-like crystals and geodes. This tribe's bodies reflect their surroundings and their skin is akin to the layer of ash that regularly covers the area thanks to nearby volcanic activity.

Inspiration
Amethyst Crystals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic work, both the painting and the theming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my Nimbus. With the model having pointy teeth and leathery wings, my immediate thought was Vampires! So this drew me to a purple and black colour scheme, the black is actually Panzer Grey from Coat d'arms which is a really dark grey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.