3 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: Reklar Expansion - Cardassian Faction'd rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt W
msg tools
mb
I took the time to create Cardassian Union-faction versions of the upcoming Reklar expansion cards. I haven't gotten around to Gul Madred yet (not sure what his admiral side looks like, and I'm tired) or the nameless captain (wasn't previewed), but all the other cards are here. I spent hours working on these; I hope you guys enjoy them. Feedback/comments are appreciated.

The only time I changed card text was if the card said "Dominion ship" I changed it to "Cardassian ship". I also changed Corak's name to "Glinn Corak". Finally, I tried to use the same images for all the cards that are on the official ones, but I took liberty with Gul Lemec's and went with a better image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never understood why the Cardassian cards contain the titles Gul and Glinn anyway. My understanding is that these are Cardassian ranks, and none of the other cards show character ranks, unless nothing else is known about the character, like Romulan Commander.

I also wish Mr. Spock were just plain Spock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
msg tools
mb
I can only speculate, but Cardassian's ranks seems to have more importance in their society than in others. I don't believe we ever heard any first names of any Guls, Legates or Glinns with the exception of Tekeny Ghemor who was the leader of the resistance movement against the military rule. Since they're almost always called "Gul X" or "Legate X" in the show (until they became very familiar like Damar) I guess that's why they decided to include the ranks in the names. It seemed odd to me that they'd include "Glinn" in Tajor's card, but not Corak's, since Lemec introduced both as Glinns in "Chain of Command Part I".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.