Summoner Wars (2012)» Forums » General

Subject: Hawk VS Cultist on IOS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Is “Aerial Strike” (Hawk champion of the cloaks) considered an attack? I of course think it is, but, on IOS, Hawk used his power to kill one of my Cultists ( FK) and “Death Curse” was not triggered (After this cultist is destroyed by an attack from an enemy unit a die is rolled...”

The cultist was destroyed by aerial strike but the die was not rolled... is this a bug?

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe it's an attack for the following reasons:
- It's not in the attack phase.
- It doesn't say 'attack' in the wording (eg. You may attack)

If it were classed as an attack, abilities such as Trample would be treated as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dezza is right. Summoner Wars uses very technical wording so you have to pay attention to the literal words like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything that is not an actual "Attack" does not trigger it. This includes "instead of attacking" like Elien's Fire Blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Interesting!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attacks are a very specific thing, powers that do damage outside of the actual attack are not considered attacks (even though this specific example thematicly does seem like it should be an attack).

E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.