Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne McCaul
United States
Norton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I are basically sharing the core and deluxe boxes. For the purposes of deck-building, I thought it would be easiest if we divided the factions between us, with 2 monster and 2 human each.

Would anyone have any opinions on how we might do that? Which factions would you choose? Any that you would not want together? This isn’t exactly geared towards making multi-faction deck building, although I don’t expect it to be all mono-decks either. This is more just so we can deck-build without worrying if I'm using cards she needs to use at the same time.

I guess I don’t have enough experience with the game to make a decision on how to split up the factions between us.

Any suggestions would be welcome and helpful.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd probably go with
Misk/Twilight/Cthulhu/Yog
versus
Agency/Syndicate/Shub/Hastur.

There are interesting possibilities in any faction combinations, but I think Twilight/Yog (for Sorcerers, mostly), Misk/Yog (for Scientists), Agency/Hastur (complementary emphases), and Syndicate/Shub are all especially tasty pairings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty much going to end up being personal choice, I don't think there's much of a right or wrong way to do it. As Carthoris said, all combinations are interesting.

You'll also need to figure out what to do with the Neutral cards.

Going only by Core + Deluxe boxes Silver Twilight will be behind everyone else since they don't have any cards in the Core or Secrets of Arkham, so maybe whoever gets them should get most of the Neutrals?

Perhaps instead of trying to make a permanent split, you could rotate factions around so you'd be able to try more combinations? That way you'd still have exclusive access for deck building, but also not be shut out of ever playing a certain faction or combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rufus Mcdufus
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
What about the Neutrals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with:

Agency, Silver Twilight, Yog-Sothoth, and Hastur
vs.
Miskatonic, Syndicate, Cthulhu, and Shub-Niggurath

Silver Twilight goes very well with either Agency or Yog.
Cthulhu and Shub have some deficiencies that are best covered by combining them with either Miskatonic or Syndicate.

Using this division also gives each player one of the factions that doesn't have a dedicated deluxe set, yet (Hastur and Shub).

Note, that currently the meta at the tournament level seems to be dominated by Yog/Silver Twilight decks (add a third faction to add some flavor according to your personal preferences...).
But for casual play, every faction is viable. With the possible exception of Hastur (and perhaps Silver Twilight?) even Mono decks work well for every faction.

Dividing Neutral cards will be tricky, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.