Jared M
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was able to beat the quest this morning with the following deck.

Light of Valinor and Asfaloth on Glorfindel. Use Denethor's scrying ability to pass the Doors of Durin, and mitigating those awful Tentacle effects. Aragorn is there to drop threat after a couple of nasty Doomed 5 cards.

Worked pretty well!

Total Cards: (50)

Hero: (3)
1x Aragorn (The Watcher in the Water)
1x Glorfindel (Foundations of Stone)
1x Denethor (Core Set)

Ally: (21)
3x Gandalf (Core Set)
3x Master of the Forge (Shadow and Flame)
1x Henamarth Riversong (Core Set)
3x Imladris Stargazer (Foundations of Stone)
3x Zigil Miner (Khazad-dum)
1x Gleowine (Core Set)
1x Gildor Inglorion (The Hills of Emyn Muil)
3x Erebor Hammersmith (Core Set)
3x Warden of Healing (The Long Dark)

Attachment: (20)
2x Light of Valinor (Foundations of Stone)
3x Unexpected Courage (Core Set)
2x Asfaloth (Foundations of Stone)
2x A Burning Brand (Conflict at the Carrock)
2x Protector of Lorien (Core Set)
3x Resourceful (The Watcher in the Water)
3x Forest Snare (Core Set)
3x Ancient Mathom (A Journey to Rhosgobel)

Event: (9)
3x Daeron's Runes (Foundations of Stone)
3x Elrond's Counsel (The Watcher in the Water)
3x A Test of Will (Core Set)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
This has been something I never understood. Why would anyone play Resourceful in a non-secrecy deck. Has it ever paid off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Honestly, I didn't use it. I think I ended up discarding on Protector of Lorien. You could easily sub that out for something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This has been something I never understood. Why would anyone play Resourceful in a non-secrecy deck.

While it may seem expensive for its utility, I have occasionally found it to be of value. Since it is a neutral card, resources from all three heroes can be used, so covering its cost of 4 isn't always that difficult. The best example I can give is in a tri-sphere deck where you have drawn a number of cards in one sphere. In that case, you don't have any cards to spend resources on in the other two spheres anyhow and can play some cards from the overloaded sphere by playing Resourceful on the hero with the latter sphere. So, it can be a saving grace when you have a hand clogged like that. On the other hand, it would make little sense in a mono-sphere deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skystalker wrote:
Quote:
This has been something I never understood. Why would anyone play Resourceful in a non-secrecy deck.

While it may seem expensive for its utility, I have occasionally found it to be of value. Since it is a neutral card, resources from all three heroes can be used, so covering its cost of 4 isn't always that difficult. The best example I can give is in a tri-sphere deck where you have drawn a number of cards in one sphere. In that case, you don't have any cards to spend resources on in the other two spheres anyhow and can play some cards from the overloaded sphere by playing Resourceful on the hero with the latter sphere. So, it can be a saving grace when you have a hand clogged like that. On the other hand, it would make little sense in a mono-sphere deck.

Yes! I play 3 in my secrecy deck and often find myself playing more after I'm well over 20 threat. Sure, having one your opening hand is best, but not it's only use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.