Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Farthing
United States
Auburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a pre-ordered copy of Die Macher about the same time as everyone else who pre-ordered. When I opened the box and counted the parts I discovered that I was shorted one flat party marker. No problem! Most game companies will send out a replacement part, so I figured I'd email Valley Games and explain my situation.

The problem was that my computer was down for a few days so I couldn't access my email. Finally, a few days later I sent out an email requesting a small wooden cube (oops!). I mistakenle had forgotten which piece needed replaced. Rik at Valley Games replied promptly with a confirmation that he would send out the part. Sure enough, the small wooden cube arrived within a few days.

I did not realize my mistake in requesting the wrong piece until I went to put the small cube in the box. So last night I emailed Valley Games to explain my situation. I even offered to pay for both pieces as well as shipping on both, since the mistake was mine.

This morning I received an email from Rik that said he would send out the correct piece and that I don't need to worry about paying for the piece or the shipping. I would never expect a company to bend over backwards for a customer when the customer is clearly in the wrong. To me, this is going the extra mile for a customer. For this reason, I will be planning top purchase the Big City reprint from Valley Games as soon as I am able. I encourage everyone who has feared that Valley Games might be another fly-by-night game company that cannot keep its promises--Put your fears to rest! Valley Games cares for its customers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the reason we signed our game with Valley Games - they are impassioned about gaming, as well as being the best publisher they can be. They are aware they are new and are determined to offer the highest quality - of service and games.

For those who don't know of the game I'm referring to, it is Supernova. We will be published by Valley Games next year, sometime after Big City. It's good to hear all these reports on the forums that Rik and Torben are doing such a great job. It makes me even more excited to see Supernova be printed.

Oliver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliver, your game looks very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.