Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought second hand the Huch German edition, which came also with the Ystari expansion. It seems that the expansion cards have a black border and do not match the base game cards that have a white border.

Is this discrepancy the same with the English base game?

Do you mix those with the base game cards? Sleeved or not? Or do you use only either the base or expansion game cards?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I have never used the Box expansion cards since they are in my opinion inferior to the standard (= 'expert') base game. And if you do use them, the fact that there are size and colour differences is of no consequence: you may tell apart base from expansion cards, it will bring you no extra information. Sleeving is also not necessary as the cards are not continuously shuffled nor held in hand the whole time: they are merely glanced at from time to time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Maarten, appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Menzel
United States
Black Mountain
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
I have never used the Box expansion cards since they are in my opinion inferior to the standard (= 'expert') base game.

How did you form this opinion if you have never used them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Because of what others, whose opinion I trust in this one, wrote; because what I can see is going to happen if I use these cards; and because the publisher mentioned that the targetted difficulty level is in between family and expert version. I think the expert version can stand a little extra bite (though not much), so I have no interest in attempting something which has less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meney
Scotland
Larbert
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Fantastic game. I love this one. I do not get to play it much but it terrific and quick. I hope you enjoy it.

The expansion cards are very different in appearance but you will never need to play with a mixture of cards. If I remember correctly it adds a new scoring path. New ways to earn points based buildings, colours etc. I think I may have played with a scoring card from each set just for fun but I it is best played with cards from either set but not both.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.