Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to support this game, but there are simply too many unknowns to plop down the nearly $200 it will take to own the game plus the add-ons.

- How do clans gain new abilities and combat aptitudes?

- Is there a story to the Challenges and the Tournament?

- What do the different types of ninja in the clans do?

- Is there a PvE element? Are the goals in the Challenges all PvP?

- What role do the Samurai Sentries play? What's the purpose of buying the Bag o' Samurai?

- Are the Oni part of the clan?

- Why do we have to reach a friggin' stretch goal to be able to purchase additional content? There's no way I get this thing without getting EVERYTHING...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uzix uzikas
United Kingdom
Crawley
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There must be a reason we have no video of the game.

Reason one: The game is average.

Reason two: The game is not produced yet. And they jumped to Kickstarter to earn money with just cool looking minis.

Reason Three: People don`t care about game mechanics these days. They love art, design, miniatures.

Reason four: This company is super confident, has well known name, can`t be bothered to show some videos, concentrating on adding more minis, expansions(+extra cost) and addons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
As noted in the Kickstarter comments the gameplay video is in post production and is expected to be posted soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adachi
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
- Why do we have to reach a friggin' stretch goal to be able to purchase additional content? There's no way I get this thing without getting EVERYTHING...

Principally I agree with you: I think SGs to unlock add-ons are a waste. If the sculpt in question incurs additional tooling costs, though, as steel moulds are expensive to produce, then it makes sense. That said, if they combine all add-on minis in the same mould it wouldn't be a per-piece tooling cost and the answer becomes "because they can".

However, I'd like to point out that SPM has an excellent track record for communicating and honesty with their fans/customers and I wouldn't simply write them off as greedy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An extremely diligent and helpful community member on the Soda Pop Miniatures Ninja All Stars forum answered most of my questions. Check it out at the following link:

http://community.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fornas
Spain
Almazora
Castellon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Some gameplay concepts

http://ninjadivision.com/ninja-all-stars/ninja-all-stars-gam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only questions left unanswered are the PVE and Samurai questions, which may end up being the same question.

Anyway, Deke's articles convinced me that this game is what I want it to be and I pledged. Hopefully more folks see the writeups and the video drops (Deke said early next week...) and fence sitters will commit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.