Hide
5 Posts

Victory in Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Does everyone in USA have their copy of the game yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike H
msg tools
I ordered my game Nov. 29, not Kickstarter, just a man off the street ordering a game. Would it be worth contacting Columbia Games yet to see if my copy got lost in the shuffle? (or are they still working out from under a backlog of orders? And when are they likely to be caught up?) Thanks in advance for any info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N P
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine in mid Feb15. I inquired, they are nice, but said they were still working on getting all the Kickstarters out first. The person said they would "probably" start working on everyone else's the week of March 30th.

To be fair it's only a couple guys doing this part time, so I get it. You have been waiting much longer than me though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for my KS copy. I actually sent them a note yesterday to find out if it had shipped as it seemed that so many others had received theirs already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the US and I do have my KS copy.

I have learned from many years of Pre-Ordering and now KSing from CG to ignore any and all schedule projections. They are a small shop and they work on their own unique schedule. Much like my daughter's assessment and my assessment of, "I'll be ready in a few minutes" radically differ, I've learned that there is nothing I can do but sit down, put my feet up and be patient. Is there a game on? Do I have my book handy?

Upon delivery, I have always been happy with their work and I've always found their customer service to fully resolve the rare issues I've had. Just. Be. Prepared. To. Wait.

Despite my counsel, I still struggle to be patient. I KS'd the "Pacific is Terrific" option to score a discount copy of Pacific Victory as a gift. I emailed them to inquire if the PV would wait to ship with ViE. I received a friendly response a month or two later, just after PV and ViE had arrived. They definitely move to the beat of a slower drum.

- C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heckmac wrote:
I am in the US and I do have my KS copy.

I have learned from many years of Pre-Ordering and now KSing from CG to ignore any and all schedule projections. They are a small shop and they work on their own unique schedule. Much like my daughter's assessment and my assessment of, "I'll be ready in a few minutes" radically differ, I've learned that there is nothing I can do but sit down, put my feet up and be patient. Is there a game on? Do I have my book handy?

Upon delivery, I have always been happy with their work and I've always found their customer service to fully resolve the rare issues I've had. Just. Be. Prepared. To. Wait.

Despite my counsel, I still struggle to be patient. I KS'd the "Pacific is Terrific" option to score a discount copy of Pacific Victory as a gift. I emailed them to inquire if the PV would wait to ship with ViE. I received a friendly response a month or two later, just after PV and ViE had arrived. They definitely move to the beat of a slower drum.

- C

Well, I'm hoping the game arrives here before 7th May, so I can play during the 70th Anniversary of ViE day.

And in the meantime, I've just received Paths of Glory for some WW1 gaming. It looks awesome, and I can't wait to get in some plays of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.