5 Posts

Rise of the Kage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Concern and Solo Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Goncalves
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have read some comments that his game could possible have some solo rules.

As some people have said, here and on the kickstarter comments there are somethings that make me wonder...

1º - Price (90£ plus 25£) = For 144 minis... It's not too bad in my opinion - if the material of the minis are good.

2º - The Lack of communication from them in the Kickstarter updates. Last update is from January 13 where they say they are closing down the backerkit but it's still open! Go figure it.

3º - The Rules are full of errors. See here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1207064031/rise-of-the-... This guy name Lindon made more than 20 posts with errors, opinions and concerns. In my opinion some even made sense but they never said anything to him. It's strange...

4º - My main question is... Are they reliable? I would like to back them, because I like the theme and the miniatures are good. They are not the standard of Journey: Wrath of Demons or Conan (for what we saw in the pictures) but they have a Nippon feeling that greatly appeals me...

So I ask you two things...
First - anyone knows if this board game is going to have a solo rules?
Second - From what you know, are they for real? Should I back them or do you think they are failing to deliver?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked out the KS comments and there is a post there from 3 days ago from GMT, stating that the game production is proceeding according to plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They make another game called Bushido that has been well received. I'm not worried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Their other game, Bushido, has new releases every month so I'm not worried...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be too worried about work in progress beta rules having errors, plenty of time to get them fixed, and get everything finetuned and polished before release... Unlike many a Kickstarter game, this one was basically finished and well playtested before launch, so I'm pretty sure most rules problems at this point are semantic rather than mechanical.

I'm not too worried about the lack of communication from GCT. I'm sure they read every comment, but I for one am happy that they spend their time focussing on getting my game finished, rather than adressing every single tiny concern of any backer who feels entitled to constant attention...

I have faith both in the game, and the people making it.

And no, there are not currently rules for solo play... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.