Popular Tags: rules [+] wargames [+] [View All]
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up The Great Battles of Waterloo, (GMT), and was really taken with the rules about "extended lines". Here, a unit with 6 Strength Points, can "extend into the hex" directly to the left, or, to the right, of the hex that the unit is in. If the unit has 11 Strength Points, it may extend into both the right and left hex that the unit is in.

With this ability, it may fire with its normal strength from the new hex, in effect increasing its true firepower, by either two, or by three.

Now that I'm completely fascinated by this rule, I am looking for other games that have this same, or similar, rule, allowing units to "extend" into adjacent hexes. In some ways this may "thin the line" yet control ZOC's preventing enemy units the freedom to 'move through' areas that you might not want enemies to move through.

If you know of other games that fit this description, please let me know the names of them.

Thanks!! In advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I believe that the Civil War Brigade Series of games from The Gamers has similar rules that allow units to extend lines into adjacent hexes. The only game I have that is part of that series is Perryville, but I think that rule is present in all of those games. I haven't done a lot of Napoleonic or Civil War gaming, but it wouldn't surprise me if a number of games from those periods have rules along those lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there's a similar rule in Avalanche Press' Eagles of Empire games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT's Three Days at Gettysburg has a similar rule (presumably other in the series as well.) GMT's Napoleonic game Austerlitz 1805 also does - I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.