10 Posts

Summoner Wars: Master Set» Forums » General

Subject: Just got my Master Set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question. I see the images of other peoples sets and I see they have a black mold in the boxes with slots for the cards. Mine just came with some cardboard and plastic bags. Did I get some old outdated version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Chan
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bigger box with the black inserts was the first edition that was only out for one year. The smaller box with the cardboard and plastic bag is the new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks. Now I just need to figure out which sleeves to get for my cards. I spent 2 hours reading up on that and everyone has different opinions on which work the best. I am not for spending $5 on 40 card sleeves for the plad hat sleeves either.

I am hoping to play my first game tomorrow with a friend. I already bought the vanguard and fallen kingdom expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Chan
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will find this geeklist useful

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/2915245#item2...

Read the comments of the that geek item, it may help you in deciding the best one to get.

Edit: the Swan PanAsia sleeve size: Standard Chimera: Standard (SWN-024, 160/pack) or Premium (SWN-507, 100/pack) - (60 x 90mm) seems to be perfect.

googled those swan and got this:

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?6-Usi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't sleeve mine at all. I'm happy with my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morley

Lebanon
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL. I just did too... just today in fact!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again. I do have one more question though about sleeving. The rule book says that since mercenary cards have different backings from your normal army that it is a good idea to sleeve your cards with something with a backing so that your opponent doesn't know when you draw a mercenary card.

It says that while not sleeving them is okay, your opponent knows exactly when a mercenary card is in your hand.

Now is that even a big deal having your opponent know when you have a mercenary card on the top of your deck or in your hand? I have zero games under my belt so I have no idea if that is even an issue at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:
Now is that even a big deal having your opponent know when you have a mercenary card on the top of your deck or in your hand? I have zero games under my belt so I have no idea if that is even an issue at all.
Depends on how well you and your opponent know the game, and whether you showed your deck to them prior to playing.

You could have ANY mercenary there, there might be some educated guesses. A lot of Fallen Kingdom deck builds recommend Malevolence for example, so that might be expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do very little deck building, so I don't bother to hide the few mercenaries in my decks.

It really does depend on your play style

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used mine without sleeves since the preorder arrived at the door, its by far my most used game and no signs of ware yet, save your space and money.
Just enjoy the feeling of real cards in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.