Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Dawkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.strangeassembly.com/2015/preview-desolation-row-d...

Up now at Strange Assembly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the Doomtown Facebook group had just about given up hope!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And this goes *perfectly* with The Fixer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fixer, Milt Clemons, Marion Seville and the Aims Brothers. Oh and Bad Company just got a whole lot better too now that you will always have a way to get a dude wanted. And Backways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carlton
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch.

Sloane is really coming out swinging in the new Pinebox.

With this outfit in the metagame is landsliding even remotely possible? I mean you can't just let them stack bounties with this, you HAVE to stop some of those jobs somehow and while you can probably send their leader home and stop a few gains you're going to run out of dudes pretty soon.

Not that I'd miss landslide decks though...

I can see this theme/combo being tough to balance - it's feels like it's almost forcing the risky early showdowns which seem so random to new players. I hope the rush isn't too hard to stop but also isn't completely crippling for the Sloane player if it doesn't come off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we haven't seen the new Morgan outfit yet. That might boost their deed buying ability to keep landslides viable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like this one - Outfits with a passive trait seem quite useful, and the job seems quite strong - potentially grabbing you a lot of Ghost Rock, and letting a dude get a CP over a couple of turns - no limit to the CP's either, unlike the original gang ability, so one strong Dude (like Sloane) can keep on leading the job over multiple rounds...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FearLord wrote:
I like this one - Outfits with a passive trait seem quite useful, and the job seems quite strong - potentially grabbing you a lot of Ghost Rock, and letting a dude get a CP over a couple of turns - no limit to the CP's either, unlike the original gang ability, so one strong Dude (like Sloane) can keep on leading the job over multiple rounds...

A single dude can only get one CP from this outfit too; it's "if bounty > 4, CP = 1; else, CP = 0". You can keep getting cash from a high bullet dude, but you won't get new CPs unless you have other dudes be the leader (which means their bullets determine your payout).

(qualifier: the statement above is Control Points given by the Outfit; obviously it says +1 because they may have Control Points from other sources as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.